What are Uni Timetables Like? (1 Viewer)

wheel

HSC
I'm not asking because I'm worried about the workload, time of studies, etc.

Just curious.

I'm in year 12 now and am thinking of doing a combined degree at unsw (maybe economics, commerce or maths) and wondering what the timetables are like?

Hours a week? Full days? Ratio of lectures to tutorials? One or two week rotations? How early to how late? Any thing else I should know? Differences between timetables of different unis?

Again, I'm just interested in what uni timetables will be like. I really don't have much of an idea and can't find any examples of combined degrees online so any comments are necessary.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Mainly the engineering and science-related ones will tend to be longer (i.e you will have longer face-to-face hours).
In terms of commerce from what I've heard you wont have that highish workload compared to the ones I mentioned above.

Well, university timetables are quite a pain at first when trying to select your own one (especially if you do it late). So be start immediately if possible to avoid timetable clashes OR ridiculous straight face-to-face hours (e.g. 5hrs straight) OR 3-4 hr break during the day OR night classes.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Yes. When you enroll in your subjects you will be given a variety of times to select and you will then decide which one you want.

wheel

HSC
for both tutorials and lectures?

so the same lecturers run the same lectures for example twice in a day?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
for both tutorials and lectures?

so the same lecturers run the same lectures for example twice in a day?
If there are multiple lecture times for a unit, then you can bet your bottom dollar that there are multiple lecturers teaching that unit.

madharris

HSC
N/A
It really depends what you do!
I only have 13/15 hours (depending what week it is) which I fit into 3 days

where as others might have 30+ hours which spreads across 5 days

SunnyScience

HSC
I have 22 study hours, but 30 hours incl. breaks. 4 days a week. The earliest I start is 10 on wednesdays and thursday and finish at 7pm on these days. Tuesday is only 1 till 5. FRIDAYS OFF.

Science.

wheel

HSC
It really depends what you do!
I only have 13/15 hours (depending what week it is) which I fit into 3 days

where as others might have 30+ hours which spreads across 5 days
thanks! just wondering what degree do you do and where do study?

wheel

HSC
I have 22 study hours, but 30 hours incl. breaks. 4 days a week. The earliest I start is 10 on wednesdays and thursday and finish at 7pm on these days. Tuesday is only 1 till 5. FRIDAYS OFF.

Science.
thanks heaps! is that a single of combined degree?

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Bachelor of Applied science (occupational therapy) at usyd

Last edited:

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Like this.

Sad life.

But like the people above said, varies a lot from degree to degree. Expect a lot of hours for Science/Engineering and few hours for Arts/Comm.

SunnyScience

HSC
Like this.

Sad life.

But like the people above said, varies a lot from degree to degree. Expect a lot of hours for Science/Engineering and few hours for Arts/Comm.

This is an absolutely terrible time table. I feel bad for you.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
If he skips a couple of classes it's only around seventeen hours including breaks. That's a lot better than school.

2xL

HSC
Don't be a dumb dog like me and make 9am starts. (Obv. depends on geographical location but i'm in the south west so fuck my life)

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
If he skips a couple of classes it's only around seventeen hours including breaks. That's a lot better than school.
Meanwhile...in Engineering.

Nah, it's aight, in the past, since it was my timetable last sem. That was the best I could get it, due to my odd subject combination.

Don't be a dumb dog like me and make 9am starts. (Obv. depends on geographical location but i'm in the south west so fuck my life)
South West + 9AM = Saddest life. But it could be worse. You could have this on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Oh, and those lectures have rolls, and attendance is everything.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)