just a few questions... (1 Viewer)

Mrcoolguy1

HSC
Hi

I was just wondering at which uni it would be best to do Barts/business? I was thinking of UNSW

and does business fall under commerce and you major in business?

does a business degree require maths?

also, if anyone knows what the cut off was for Barts/business at unsw was this year?

thanks! :D

madharris

HSC
N/A
Commerce and business is the same thing, just called different things at different unis

I think it does require maths, but some majors require more maths than others

arts/commerce last year at unsw was 96.30

D94

HSC
N/A
At UNSW, there's Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts and there is Bachelor of Arts and Business.

Whether Commerce is the same as Business is a moot point. It will depend on the major and the subjects/courses you take in the major. Business could be the umbrella term or a specific major.

There's no "Business" major in Commerce, but there is Business Economics, Business Law and Business Strategy and Economic Management, as different majors. Maybe you are looking for another Commerce major, there's quite a few possible majors. But in the end, you graduate with 1 Commerce degree and 1 Arts degree.

For the Bachelor of Arts and Business, this is just one degree - you decide on a major for Arts, and you complete that alongside Business subjects. In the end, it's one degree called the Bachelor of Arts and Business. If you are aiming for 2 degrees, then it won't be this, but if you don't think the Commerce majors are right, then UNSW may not offer your desired degree/s (unless there are others which I can't seem to find).

Last edited:

chrissyomenko

HSC
I was wondering around what time should hsc year 12 students apply for uni through UAC?

madharris

HSC
N/A
I was wondering around what time should hsc year 12 students apply for uni through UAC?
I'm pretty sure it was in term 3 sometime
Don't worry about it, you'll get lots of information about it later when the time comes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)