Law and Economics universities (1 Viewer)

aekryan

HSC
What universities other than Sydney offer a Law and Economics double degree?

I was aiming for a 97 but that seems out of reach now.. my ranks from the half yearlies are as follows...:

Eng Adv- 1/42 (40 percent assessed) Ex1 (nothing done) EE2 1/3 (10 percent assessed) Legal 4/28 (30 percent assessed) Chem 9/25 (40 percent assessed) and i dropped to general with the hope of a band 6 recently..
I've slacked off all year and treated this as year 11 and now im worried that the only course i would be interested in and the only uni i want to go to will evade me and im not sure if there i really want to do anything else, i may as well just stay home and work at mcdonalds or something because i wont really like anything other course. (Not just Law, but Law with economics)

So im planning to cut my losses and find any other uni that does eco and law combined, i also plan to do a 4u math bridging course (im really not that bad at math, but i cant get away with not studying in it), and study my friends HSC economics notes in the holidays in preparation..

Any suggestions of universities?? im hopefull for a low or mid 90 if i can come first or top 3 if something goes wrong in everything with the exception of say 5-7 in chem. btw my school rank alters between 60-90..

I only want universities with Law and Economics as suggestions please, i dont care what uni or about the "prestige", the only preference i have is Sydney, otherwise NSW and UWS are the same to me.

ct92

HSC
I know that UNSW has an Economics/Law program (link) but its ATAR is just as high as Sydney. Macquarie offers a degree in Economics with a lower ATAR, and it's my understanding that you can add Law onto the end of any degree (Economics, Law). If that isn't the case, they do Commerce/Law which is probably close enough (link).

As an aside, I don't think you need 4U to do Economics, and I don't think you need to look over HSC Economics notes during the summer. I came into an Economics degree with 3U and no HSC Economics, and I haven't struggled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)