What happens if you failed a test ...? (1 Viewer)

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
I've had a few tests since starting uni and for most of them, I've managed to get 80%+ but I had a test on Monday, and I was extremely sick and I know I did horribly! It was 20% weighting and I really want to maintain a high GPA so ... has this test really destroyed my chances?

Sorry if this is a weird question, none of my family went to uni so its hard to understand how it all works :L

kat12345

HSC
N/A
Your GPA is awarded based on your final grade. This will affect your final grade as it was worth 20%.
However, you say you've been achieving over 80% and (i presume) you still have a final exam weighting ~50%.
Do well in your future assessments, and it won't impact you too drastically. Try hard to keep above 80% and the impact will be minimal.

Your GPA is awarded by:
Fail (0-49) equals 0 GPA
Pass (50-65) equals 4
Credit (65-75)equals 5 GPA
Distinction (75-85)equals 6 GPA
HD (85-100)equals 7 GPA

They take the average and you have your GPA (Say you get Credit, Credit, Distinction and Pass) , so your GPA equals 5+5+6+4 divided by 4. GPA=5

Aim as high as you can! A GPA of 5 is still very respectable and high. Unless your planning to transfer, a high GPA doesn't really effect you at this stage.

Plus, you've got plenty of time to make up for one bad grade.

You have to do 24 subjects for a 3 year degree.

One pass in a plethora of credits and distinctions is nothing!
Say in all your subjects but this you receive a distinction, and this you get a pass.
Over you're uni life, that is still a GPA of 5.92!!

Don't worry about it. Just make sure you do better next time :)

As long as you don't fail the course, you'll be right :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)