Can I still get into USYD? (1 Viewer)

Khaleesi

HSC
I did my HSC in 2011 and got a pretty disappointing ATAR. I really want to get into doing a Bachelor of Arts or Marketing or something like that at USYD this year but I don't know if I will get into it because of my low ATAR, but it's 2013 now and surely my ATAR from 2011 wouldn't mean anything.

So my question is, can I still get into USYD? And would my ATAR from 2011 still count?

Note: I have done some minor study through Open Universities Australia. I also asked USYD about my hopeful admission and they didn't answer my question.

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
it sounds like you took a gap year. May i ask what tertiery education you have undertaken so far apart from open universities. Because admission usually depends on ATAR/GPA or WAM(50/50) or 100% atar which ever is higher. You would have to ask the faculty of arts or social sciences and see what they prefer. Arts at USYD is quite prestigious being that its a top 20 art school and the atar requirement for it is quite high. The only people who would know the answer to your question would be the people who deal with admissions such as UAC or USYD

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I did my HSC in 2011 and got a pretty disappointing ATAR. I really want to get into doing a Bachelor of Arts or Marketing or something like that at USYD this year but I don't know if I will get into it because of my low ATAR, but it's 2013 now and surely my ATAR from 2011 wouldn't mean anything.

So my question is, can I still get into USYD? And would my ATAR from 2011 still count?

Note: I have done some minor study through Open Universities Australia. I also asked USYD about my hopeful admission and they didn't answer my question.
When did you ask?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)