Got convinced to transfer from Macquarie to UNSW/USYD Economics what do i do? (1 Viewer)

Kingportable

HSC
I got 78.75 ATAR which is ok i was actually really happy with it my school really messed up what classes i had so it was surprisingly quite a pain to get to (lol no HSC BST book till the last like couple of months, no economics, forced religious studies). My plan was always to do Economics or Applied Finance in Macquarie because i liked Mac's style and it has a good reputation, and i was happy that i just-just got in to Macquarie Economics. Woot. Now i'm planning on transferring to double up to Applied Finance and Economics in Macquarie which is going to be fun their both quite interesting fields for me i love business. Anyways a lets say teacher convinced me that an "Honours year" is like a "Masters degree" except the Honours experience is more of "a held together" be it more effective and compelling experience than a Masters which is designed to be taken by people not even studying within that field. I considered the notion that only people with outstanding marks can undertake an honours year(outstanding enough) which means it's more prestigious and that yeah it will be more of a better designed experience because the UNI knows what you did in your final year because they thought and designed your courses.

So i want to do an Honours in Economics like advised but heres the problem the Teacher explained that Mac cancelled most honours programs advising that i should transfer to UNSW or USYD at least before my final year to take advantage of the experience of an honours year. Lol it was funny how ironic that was and i kept saying how i liked Mac's business department but some how made me look like i was settling for Mac because of my un-excitable ATAR. Anyway this is actually super convenient for me 'cause it would cut my travel to school to one train plus i hate the Hornsby line it's really unreliable and prone to delay so i'm now quite excited.

Please give me some advice, i don't know how to make my application a bit more nicer since my ATAR is clearly outside of UNSW's or USYD's cut offs. I was supposed to apply for the EAS scheme thing last year but i felt guilty taking advantage of it, i got sent a letter to apply so i know i would receive one; can i still apply for it? Also there is no applied finance courses in UNSW or USYD what do i do instead? is it a missed opportunity that my business courses are not within the spec of a commerce degree?

==My Current Plan==
*Work hard first semester
*Get in to App Finance + Economics in Second semester
*Finish up my 2nd year Eco and graduate on my Applied Finance degree by 3rd year (doing as much internship as i can)
*Finish my final year of Economics at UNSW or USYD
*Work my ass of in my final year of Economics to where ever i transfer to (aiming for zero internships and to minimise responsibilities)
*Get in to the honours program and complete it (doing as much internships as i can)
*(If i don't have a job offer at the end of the honours year maybe do an MBA or JD while doing an internship) <-- Going to leave that out for future me to sort out

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)