I am in a huge dilemma. Help please! Mid year entry Eco or Comm, or Combined law 2014 (1 Viewer)

lau101

HSC
Basically I got accepted into combined law at UNSW but I took a gap year as I wanted to be certain on exactly what I wanted to do and do some work/travel. Anyway, I got a scholarship and I recently found out I don't get the one off payment unless I enrol in 2013! Also, I am sick and tired of my fast food job and my brain is going dead by the minute, I desperately miss study. (might sound weird I know)
I think economics/arts at UNSW sounds really good but I'm worried about disappointing my family/not living up to the hopes I would be a lawyer and like I'm throwing away a huge opportunity. Also are there good job prospects for Economics degree?
I need advice please, sorry for the longish post.
Thanks in advance

lau101

HSC
Re: I am in a huge dilemma. Help please! Mid year entry Eco or Comm, or Combined law

or Law at ANU 2013 semester 2.... but no money and increased costs of living away from home

lau101

HSC
Re: I am in a huge dilemma. Help please! Mid year entry Eco or Comm, or Combined law

BUMP

lau101

HSC

BUMP

RishBonjour

HSC

Basically I got accepted into combined law at UNSW but I took a gap year as I wanted to be certain on exactly what I wanted to do and do some work/travel. Anyway, I got a scholarship and I recently found out I don't get the one off payment unless I enrol in 2013! Also, I am sick and tired of my fast food job and my brain is going dead by the minute, I desperately miss study. (might sound weird I know)
I think economics/arts at UNSW sounds really good but I'm worried about disappointing my family/not living up to the hopes I would be a lawyer and like I'm throwing away a huge opportunity. Also are there good job prospects for Economics degree?
I need advice please, sorry for the longish post.
Thanks in advance
YES!
Why not try eco/law? you can always change to eco/arts if you want.

lau101

HSC

YES!
Why not try eco/law? you can always change to eco/arts if you want.
its just that I'm not sure if I can wait that long (i.e. 10 months ish) to start

Kurby

HSC
N/A

Economics is quite a general degree. You can go into many varied fields. If you want to get into pure economics jobs like the treasury, you may need to get honours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)