How hard is it to transfer from BSc to BMedSci? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey. So I started thinking to myself today about options if I don't get that atar required for med sci.

I read on the USYD website that you can transfer to different science courses from the BSc course. Is this the same for UNSW? How hard is it to transfer and what's the duration you have to stay in the course until you can transfer.

Last edited:

jnney

lemon
HSC
Hey,

To transfer from one science degree to another at UNSW, you will need a 75+ weighted average mark (of all the subjects you are undertaking), and after completing one year of that science degree you have enrolled in.

However, at UNSW, you cannot transfer into Medical Science - either you get in straight after high school, or you don't. What is your reason behind wanting to study under the Medical Science degree?

Use this for your reference: https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_Sci.html

HSC
Hey,

To transfer from one science degree to another at UNSW, you will need a 75+ weighted average mark (of all the subjects you are undertaking), and after completing one year of that science degree you have enrolled in.

However, at UNSW, you cannot transfer into Medical Science - either you get in straight after high school, or you don't. What is your reason behind wanting to study under the Medical Science degree?

Use this for your reference: https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_Sci.html
Ohh damn, I see.. Reason is I eventually would like to do Postgraduate Med and I would rather do Med Science as an undergrad degree because I absolutely love learning all that Medical Science has to offer and since I would enjoy it so much it would be more beneficial then that of the BSc degree. Well that's the way I think of it anyways.

How about USYD, does it offer internal transfers? I'm really just thinking of Backup plans to get into Med Science just incase I can't achieve that ATAR for it.

Thanks for your reply also!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)