Vet science v Engineering (1 Viewer)

ebbygoo

HSC
~Thread moved to more relevant section~

Yeah. I've got a bit of a complex situation.

In school I take physics, chemistry, ext maths, eco and adv English (and SOR1).

My marks for Chem, physics and eco are pretty solid (~90), but got improvement to do. I

Now for the interesting part.

See I've done work experience at a vet, and I enjoyed it + handled it all just fine. On the other hand, I find economics interesting, and I've always had an interest in large structures, and I can just imagine being an engineer and the "I built that" wow factor (you may or may not know what I mean); I'm particularly interested in skyrisers.

Thus, I'm torn between the two courses of what I should aim for:
Vet science at USYD ~96 atar OR
Combined structural/commerce at UNSW or USYD ~95 atar

The reason I'm turned off aiming for vet is the fact that everywhere I look, I read about unemployed vets, the low graduate employment number, the low salaries, and lack of room for opportunities. Additionally, I'm not really interested in rural; my interest is in domestic animals. Oppositely, it seems sky's the limit for engineers, and I'd be interested in going into the decision making/business side of engineering.

What I'm looking for is someone in uni or whatever who has had experience/work placement in a structural engineer's job to tell me what it's like

Anyone?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
imo structural is the least interesting civil engineering discipline, it's too repetitive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)