How does one study for final exams in Uni? (1 Viewer)

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
I know I know, seems like a really mundane and amateur question but after being in HSC and knowing that I had to learn the syllabus and do past papers, I don't know what I need to do to study for exams in uni ...

I have a week to my exams.
I've made notes on all my lectures and I'm about to just revise over them ... but I don't know what else to do. There is no past papers available anywhere so I'm not sure what else to do hahaha. Help?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I know I know, seems like a really mundane and amateur question but after being in HSC and knowing that I had to learn the syllabus and do past papers, I don't know what I need to do to study for exams in uni ...

I've made notes on all my lectures and I'm about to just revise over them ... but I don't know what else to do. There is no past papers available anywhere so I'm not sure what else to do hahaha. Help?
Tutorial q's and online quizzes.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, assume that everything is the unit is examinable unless otherwise specified (e.g. second half may only be covered if the course coordinator thought the mid-sem would suffice).

A big thing about uni is that you're expected to learn independently (i.e. there is no guide on what to learn) so try to understand all the content. A lot of exams are analytical in nature whereby you're given questions which you're required to apply what you've learnt in the unit. You don't get many 'What is' or 'Describe' questions.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad

I have the same problem. My uni doesn't release past exams either.

Anywho just revise your learning objectives that they give you for the week (if you get any for that matter) and maybe ask older year groups if there are any mock exams that have been made.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad

I have the same problem. My uni doesn't release past exams either.

Anywho just revise your learning objectives that they give you for the week (if you get any for that matter) and maybe ask older year groups if there are any mock exams that have been made.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Your course SHOULD have a syllabus somewhere (I guess around where they also upload tutorials, quizzes etc).

Print out the syllabus and go through the points one by one.

Also, it would help if we knew what type of subjects you're currently doing. Each subject category has its own study method.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
All of the advice given sounds great! Thankyou all! And if you have exams, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)