Getting into UNSW or USYD, B of Commerce/Science. (1 Viewer)

PuppyMagician

HSC
Hi everyone,

Are there any other ways I can get into B of Commerce/Science at UNSW or USYD without obtaining the ATAR Cut-offs?

95.00 at USYD
96.30 at UNSW

Thank you :)

PuppyMagician

HSC
I don't think I'm eligible for bonus points, Any other options? I've heard about transferring from one course to another, How does that work?

HSC
N/A
bonus points are based on the subjects you do, i dont know why you wouldnt be eligible for them.

PuppyMagician

HSC
What if my the total of the bonus marks and my acheived ATAR don't reach the cutoff?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
B6 in english, ex1, ex2 or maths, maths ex1 and maths ex2 can give you 2 bonus points each.

You can only get a total of 5 bonus points iirc though.

PuppyMagician

HSC
Business, Mathematics, Advance English, Physics, Chemistry, and Studies of Religion ^

RishBonjour

HSC
Business, Mathematics, Advance English, Physics, Chemistry, and Studies of Religion ^
No bonus points at USYD unfortunately, but you can get into science and transfer to comm/sci in second year!. It isn't difficult if you put the effort in! If you think you will get the bonus points at UNSW, that would probably be the best as you don't have to worry about transferring.

PuppyMagician

HSC
What are the requirements for a transfer between courses? and Universities?

Sup3rDry

HSC
If you don't think that you'll make the requirements best option is to try and transfer after 1st year with at least a credit average.

crazy_paki123

HSC
im in a somewhat similar predicament (want to transfer from B commerce @ MQU to UNSW at years end) so basically i need a high credit - distinction average atleast (70-75). But best option would be to ring up the unis and ask them about the pathways u can get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)