UTS Business or Macquarie Prof. Accounting (1 Viewer)

Frostbitten

HSC
Which course do you think is better and why? I am more so interested in the employment prospects of each course for the big 4 and perhaps higher mid tier firms.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Which course do you think is better and why? I am more so interested in the employment prospects of each course for the big 4 and perhaps higher mid tier firms.
Same course, and both are reputable if that's what you're after. Big 4 doesn't discriminate so.. it doesn't really matter if you go uts or uws.

Choose base on which is easier to reach.

dizzlemizzle

HSC
There is actually a difference in going to UTS than UWS... Big 4 does know that entry into uts would be more difficult and the university you went to is usually taken into consideration especially for business degrees..

To answer the question, in terms of prestige and whatever both are in the same league. In terms of difficulty, Macquarie's exams are known to be the most difficult, UTS not as much. So I think it'd be easier to score higher at UTS, which is important as marks mean a lot to the Big 4.

Frostbitten

HSC
Well men and women of BoS, considering I live in the North Shore region and driving to Macquarie takes according to google maps 22 mins driving, and UTS 40 mins, or with public transport Macquarie is 50 mins and UTS is 80 mins, would this be considered a huge factor in deciding which uni to go to or is the difference in time considered fairly insignificant by uni students.

Cheers.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Here are the graduation salary/destination figures for UTS. http://www.uts.edu.au/about/university/facts-figures-and-rankings/uts-graduate-employment
As you can see, Business/Law/Design/IT & Engineering graduates are top performers at UTS (in-terms of salary and graduation prospects).
But I'm being bias here by not presenting Macquarie figures.
Health has 96% employment rate at UTS, but the salary is low as expected from the health field.

Last edited:

Frostbitten

HSC
Overall from my research I get the feeling that UTS maybe a tiny bit better for business, however I do wonder if the travel times I mentioned would heavily outweigh this.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
To be honest, if you are that close to Macq i would just go their. It's not like Macq is below par to UTS, they would be similar anyways. I have UWS fairly close to me (20 min drive) but ultimately i will be traveling 1 hr via public transport to UTS or Macq city campus because of the significant improvements which they hold over UWS.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Overall from my research I get the feeling that UTS maybe a tiny bit better for business, however I do wonder if the travel times I mentioned would heavily outweigh this.
Don't let anyone influence your decision. Both unis are great and at the end, it's your decision and what is best for you.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest, if you are that close to Macq i would just go their. It's not like Macq is below par to UTS, they would be similar anyways. I have UWS fairly close to me (20 min drive) but ultimately i will be traveling 1 hr via public transport to UTS or Macq city campus because of the significant improvements which they hold over UWS.
love it when hsc students give advice about uni, dats all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)