Can you get credit points for mid year entry??????????? (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Does having 7UOS instead of 8 eliminate the chance of a transfer?

So currently I will only end up having 7 units of study due to "DISCONTINUE NOT FAIL (DNF)" by the end of this year. I want to transfer to a different course but does the fact that I only have 7 units of study instead of 8 eliminate the absolute chance of a transfer option?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: Does thefact that you have only 7UOS instead of 8 eliminate the chance of a trans

Depends, some unis won't take university results if you haven't done a year full time.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Re: Does thefact that you have only 7UOS instead of 8 eliminate the chance of a trans

I think, if you're not full time, they just take your atar instead

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Depends, some unis won't take university results if you haven't done a year full time.
looking at UNSW and/or USYD

sghguos

HSC
N/A

I think, if you're not full time, they just take your atar instead
But I am full time. I just dropped 1 subject..

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Then you are not full time.

madharris

HSC
N/A

yeah i just asked my friend for you! She was doing 7 subjects last year so they only took her atar when considering her for transfer

This is at usyd btw

sghguos

HSC
N/A

yeah i just asked my friend for you! She was doing 7 subjects last year so they only took her atar when considering her for transfer

This is at usyd btw
thanks for helpin out.

which uni was she from? was it a transfer within usyd? so usyd to usyd internal transfer?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

madharris

HSC
N/A

thanks for helpin out.

which uni was she from? was it a transfer within usyd? so usyd to usyd internal transfer?
usyd internal transfer

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Hmm, well I used to think 3 subjects counted as full time in most circumstances but I read this recently and assumed it was correct: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=304686&p=6344338&viewfull=1#post6344338

Either way the definition of full time or part time doesn't make much of a difference here.
Just checked and it's <18 CP which is designated as part time.

Also the undergraduate coordinator for my faculty confirmed this awhile ago.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Just checked and it's <18 CP which is designated as part time.

Also the undergraduate coordinator for my faculty confirmed this awhile ago.
hmm does that mean since im doing 7 uos this year i can still internally trasnfer to unsw from usyd?

wbt usyd to usyd?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

hmm does that mean since im doing 7 uos this year i can still internally trasnfer to unsw from usyd?

wbt usyd to usyd?
If the requirement is that you are a full-time student, then yes you can.

Just keep in mind that you will have to either overload or take Summer School (which seems to be your plan anyway).

If in doubt, contact the undergraduate coordinator of the Arts Faculty.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Can you get credit points for mid year entry???????????

Also if i get credit points how will this show on my transcript at UNSW???

Will employers ask to see my previous university transcript as well? because honestly, its only 1 semester is it even noticeable.. I really dearly hope not..

Last edited:

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Guys im thinking of transfering to another uni to get my transcript wiped off.

I did miserably in sem 1 at usyd for b.eco due to personal reasons.

Sem 1 results:

Subject A: 50 percent

Subject B: 60 percent

subjcet C: Discontinue fail

Subject D: 31 percent (fail)

I am thinkin of transfering to UNSW b.eco through mid year entry and start fresh.

The thing is, I know i can do better cause now my personal issues are gone and fixed but what I am thinking is if I stay at usyd i can pull up my marks by studying well from now on but I know that in the end it would not be the true representation of my skill as my first year sem 1 marks will significantly drop them.

If I go to UNSW start fresh I know I have limitless possibilities. That is the reason why I want to transfer.

GUYS CAN YOU PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENT ABOUT THIS.

ALso, guys do you know if employers will ask for my transcript at USYD if I transfered to UNSW and got two credit points for my passed subjects which will be shown as (exempt). Remember this is mid year entry, so its not a technical transfer after 1 year, and will this still be the case if I "do not" apply for credit points.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Guys im thinking of transfering to another uni to get my transcript wiped off.

Also does anyone know if you transfer univerisities, on your new unviersity transcript, does it say that you "transferred" or not.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Re: Guys im thinking of transfering to another uni to get my transcript wiped off.

your grades are too low to be considered for a transfer to UNSW. Your records will forever stay with you and they won't wipe it off.

why do you think transferring to UNSW would make a difference?

sghguos

HSC
N/A

your grades are too low to be considered for a transfer to UNSW. Your records will forever stay with you and they won't wipe it off.

why do you think transferring to UNSW would make a difference?
Im transfering to another uni. Why would my fails be shown in my UNSW transcript. Please dont talk if you dont know.

zhiying

HSC

He means your results are too low to even transfer to UNSW so you'd have to stay at Usyd and your records will stay.

I think his right. IDC what problems you had you'll just have to accept the consequences. Although it's still worth trying to transfer. Think from UNSW point of view, would they want someone with your grades? It'd be up to you to convince them whatever circumstances you had would not happen again etc etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)