General Maths and Chemical Engineering? (1 Viewer)

MODESETUP

HSC
Self study in 2UNIT and 3UNIT mathematics before UNI starts

MODESETUP

HSC
I wasn't planning to do Engineering in University but now I've changed my mind.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Next question you need to ask yourself: how good am I in maths?

Most people do as high a level of maths as they can manage, even when they have no Engineering in mind. Of course when you chose your subjects, maybe you were, like many at the end of year 10 pretty lost as to what subjects to choose; maybe you had no one to guide you.

Edit

I see in another post, you appear to be currently doing 2U Maths.

Last edited:

MODESETUP

HSC
Oh right, that's me. I'm asking for a friend right now.

tony1984

HSC
N/A
Is it possible if you put the hard work in?
What Drogonski just said:

Next question you need to ask yourself: how good am I in maths?
Foremost if you're not willing to put in the hard work now, what's your rationale for why you would change your mind in future? Chemical Engineering is no joke, that's an intensive workload in comparison to other courses, and a high level of academic rigour and deep understanding of both math and chemistry is a requisite for success. I'm personally acquainted with some high achievers in Chemistry and they all have a genuine interest in the field, as well as being amongst the smartest people I've met at university - though they did Chemistry rather than Chemical Engineering so I can't say I have a great understanding of what the course would encompass. I did however once have dinner with a girl who studied Chemical Engineering, and she was probably one of the most driven people I've met - 99+ UAI, interned with one of UNSW's partners while undertaking her studies and yeah, it's not for the feint of heart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)