GMAT Exam Support (1 Viewer)

AnahitaA

HSC
Dear fellow students

Is there any students out there who have experienced the lack of support for GMAT exam preparation in Australia?

As a recent GMAT test taker myself I was very disapointed with the lack of support and guidance available. The only support I found was throught the official mba.com site which involved me writing emails to some guy in America and not to mention it took him a few weeks to reply each time.

There is a lot of technical information on the exam but what I thought was more important was to be able to talk to test takers going through the same thing and providing a support community.

Let me know what your thoughts are and if you think a website dedicated to providing support material and opportuinity to chat with students going through the same thing would assist you in preparing for your GMAT exam.

I look forward to all your feedback.

Ana

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
gmat is practically unheard of around hsc students of sydney, not everyone has a spare $50k a year (thats just tuition fees btw) and willing to leave home for america at 17-18, even had to google it because I thought you meant gamsat

AnahitaA

HSC
Eventhough GMAT is an american testing method, it is used as part of entry requirements for many courses offered by universities in Australia. The course I had to sit a GMAT exam for was Master of Commerce at University of Melbourne.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
gmat is practically unheard of around hsc students of sydney, not everyone has a spare $50k a year (thats just tuition fees btw) and willing to leave home for america at 17-18, even had to google it because I thought you meant gamsat
I think you're confusing Gmat with the SAT's. GMAT is a postgrad entry exam that a lot of uni's even in Australia require (especially for MBA types).

sarah jones

HSC
Hi Ana!
I am just starting my prep for GMAT! there are many resources online - sure, Aus does not have tuition or workshops for it unlike the US but there is a lot of guidance online. My main concern is finding resources that are actually similar to the real thing and I'm not sure how to verify which is the "best" one.
I intend to sit the GMAT in 2014. Are you planning to re-take it? I would be happy to have a chat about it with you since it is so hard to find other Australian GMAT-ers.

What universities are you looking at btw? :)

rumenn

HSC
N/A
Most students spend about 3 to 4 months to prepare for GMAT test by practicing past questions or attending a prep course. Since the time OP posted, more and more prestigious universities have been waiving the requirement for GMAT, especially for Online MBA programs. This makes it easier for working professionals to apply for the graduate programs. The list of Top 10 Accredited Online MBA program with no GMAT requirement is given here:
http://www.sgtestpaper.com/masters/accredited_online_mba_programs_no_gmat.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)