Which Uni? (1 Viewer)

J-Wang

HSC
Hi all, I was wondering everyone's opinion on which uni between UNSW, USyd and UOW is the best for a double degree of a Bachelor of Engineering/Commerce. I obtained the mark to get into any of these courses. My thoughts:
UNSW: Pros - Very Prestigious, good course structure etc. Cons - Have heard it has a bad social atmosphere, expensive
USyd: Pros - Most internationally recognised, best looking campus, good core structure, good social life etc. Cons - expensive, have heard major companies employ UNSW over USyd. Is this true?
UOW: Pros - Cheap, will be top of my course, good social life, have many scholarships on offer here. Cons - not as prestigious as the other two/less majors to choose from.
Does anyone have anything to add to this? and which uni is best do you all think?

J-Wang

HSC
and which one will be best for my employment chances at a large firm? (looks best on a resume)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
You don't really have to look at things like that...

Like Blue Suede said, uni social life is what you make of it!

I've been to a med camp, as well as going to uni club regularly and have subsequently made an awesome group of friends in med and other faculties.

If I just went home and studied everyday then it would be shithouse and I'd be pretty lonely and bored.

Also in terms of university's, I don't believe engineering differs that much. Maybe in terms of getting employed in Sydney, but as an engineer you would more than likely be travelling A LOT. You could get a job anywhere if you're willing to move. Go to the mines for a year and you could be earning $200,000

That being said, if you can top the course at UWS and also have multiple scholarships, I'd be more inclined to go there. It would look good by the time you finish.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hi all, I was wondering everyone's opinion on which uni between UNSW, USyd and UOW is the best for a double degree of a Bachelor of Engineering/Commerce. I obtained the mark to get into any of these courses. My thoughts:
UNSW: Pros - Very Prestigious, good course structure etc. Cons - Have heard it has a bad social atmosphere, expensive
USyd: Pros - Most internationally recognised, best looking campus, good core structure, good social life etc. Cons - expensive, have heard major companies employ UNSW over USyd. Is this true?
UOW: Pros - Cheap, will be top of my course, good social life, have many scholarships on offer here. Cons - not as prestigious as the other two/less majors to choose from.
Does anyone have anything to add to this? and which uni is best do you all think?
How do you figure this one?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I think something which is typically overlooked by high school students are the majors available within degrees.

Have a look at how the course is structured and see if there's something in the detail which interests you. This is definitely useful if you're thinking of doing honours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)