uni preferences (1 Viewer)

pscecelia

HSC
hey does anyone know when we get to pick out uni preferences?

also is bachelor or Arts a waste?

HSC
Do whatever you want! I think preferences get sorted during August/September. After trials.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

You can pick them now if you like(UAC apps for 2014 study should open in the not too distant future), but there are big opportunities to be able to change them (you can change them up to main round, then in between rounds etc.) The cut off date to have the inital app in is normally the end of Sept, but then you have a lot of time to change it around.

Bachelor of Arts is not a waste, what you get out of a degree is more than the name on the page but rather what you put into it. There's countless examples of people having pretty epic jobs out of an arts degree and very diverse. I think people often pay it out because it doesn't have a clear cut job at the end, but it you don't flounder around directionless in a degree(that applies to all degrees really, but some have set subs so it's harder to do the floundering :p), you can find it very rewarding and get a job that interests you in the end.

pscecelia

HSC
You can pick them now if you like(UAC apps for 2014 study should open in the not too distant future), but there are big opportunities to be able to change them (you can change them up to main round, then in between rounds etc.) The cut off date to have the inital app in is normally the end of Sept, but then you have a lot of time to change it around.

Bachelor of Arts is not a waste, what you get out of a degree is more than the name on the page but rather what you put into it. There's countless examples of people having pretty epic jobs out of an arts degree and very diverse. I think people often pay it out because it doesn't have a clear cut job at the end, but it you don't flounder around directionless in a degree(that applies to all degrees really, but some have set subs so it's harder to do the floundering :p), you can find it very rewarding and get a job that interests you in the end.

im really curious...what jobs can you get from arts? for example if I study French or history, what do I become after? I don't think you can do teaching cause then you would've had to complete a B of teaching ... ??? very confusion.....

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
im really curious...what jobs can you get from arts? for example if I study French or history, what do I become after? I don't think you can do teaching cause then you would've had to complete a B of teaching ... ??? very confusion.....
You could do teaching if you did a Dip Ed or Masters after.

But there's no single job, if you were interested in French and history, you could end up in any number of jobs.

How many preferences do you actually list?
In UAC, up to 9.

pscecelia

HSC
should I list a tafe course as one of my preferences....9 is a lot ?!

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

Hey there, I think if you want to do Bachelor of Arts you should do it at University of Sydney or Macquarie University. Do a major in Politics and International Relations. If you do Pol/ Int Relations you can become a diplomat, a foreign affairs analyst, a government adviser or a politician. Kevin Rudd, the former PM did Bachelor of Arts (Politics and International Relations) at Australian National University. I wish you all the best for your studies.

M

mAsTAR

Hey there, I think if you want to do Bachelor of Arts you should do it at University of Sydney or Macquarie University. Do a major in Politics and International Relations. If you do Pol/ Int Relations you can become a diplomat, a foreign affairs analyst, a government adviser or a politician. Kevin Rudd, the former PM did Bachelor of Arts (Politics and International Relations) at Australian National University. I wish you all the best for your studies.
Why are you making specific suggestions on universities and subjects when you have absolutely no information about the person you're advising?

Decide what majors interest you, find all the universities you can feasibly attend that offer those majors, then attend the open days/info days for those unis to determine which one suits you best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)