B.Commerce/B.Laws: Transferring, WAM and employment opportunities (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Say I wanted to transfer after first year but I dont have a full year of study due to dropping subjects (Discontinue not fail).

When I apply through UAC

will they look at my uni marks as well or just my hsc ATAR???

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Re: Say I wanted to transfer after first year but I dont have a full year of study du

You don't apply through UAC? Just apply straight through the uni.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: Say I wanted to transfer after first year but I dont have a full year of study du

You don't apply through UAC? Just apply straight through the uni.
I think he is talking about transferring to another uni.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Got accepted into b.commerce/b.laws at macquarie university. thoughts on this degree?

Got accepted into b.commerce/b.laws at macquarie university. thoughts on this degree?

I just want you guys to tell me what you think of this degree. 3 questions I have though.

1) How does b.comm/b.laws macquarie compare to usyd and UNSW?????

2) What kind of jobs can I get? and does the law increase my employability prospects???

3)How hard is law. Is there alot of memorising involved? cuz im good at that. BUT I AM PRETTY BAD AT WRITING ESSAYS....

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Got accepted into b.commerce/b.laws at macquarie university. thoughts on this deg

1. It's not as prestigious as USyd or UNSW, but they still have a fairly high employment rate.

2. You could get a job in the legal or business sector.

3. It's hard, but you should be able to do ok if you put in the work. It will require lots of essays but that's something you can practice.
thx, anyone else answeror have a different opinion?

is it true that law means = 0 social life... :((((

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Whats the difference between b.commerce and b.commerce-prof accounting????? at mACQ??

im combining my b.commerce with a law degreee and I was wondering what the difference between that and commerce-prof accounting is?????

I heard something like commrece-prof acc gets acreddited for CPA or something.. CAN I STILL GET ACCREDITED FOR CPA WITH MY NORMAL B.comm??? :(

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Got accepted into b.commerce/b.laws at macquarie university. thoughts on this deg

No memorising involved. It's all about applying law to facts and justifying it in a concise manner.

enoilgam

HSC

No memorising involved. It's all about applying law to facts and justifying it in a concise manner.
This exactly, most Law exams are open book anyway (obviously though, you still need to know your stuff extremely well).

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

thx, anyone else answeror have a different opinion?

No

plasticities

HSC

My friends who study law at UNSW are probably the most social people I know. But that's also facilitated by the awesome events from the Law Society and Law Revue, I don't know what it would be like at other universities.

converge

HSC
N/A
Re: Whats the difference between b.commerce and b.commerce-prof accounting????? at mA

I heard something like commrece-prof acc gets acreddited for CPA or something.
That's the answer to your first question. This degree will give you accreditation for the CA/CPA programs. The normal Commerce degree will give you more flexibility in choosing subjects.

CAN I STILL GET ACCREDITED FOR CPA WITH MY NORMAL B.comm???
Short answer is no because the normal degree won't cover the required subjects. If you choose to do them you can proceed to the CA/CPA program.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Whats the difference between b.commerce and b.commerce-prof accounting????? at mA

I'll also add CPA and CA have different requirements.
CPA you'd probably be eligible, but not CA.

Also:
B Com/Law gives you more flexibility with majors. Ie. You can choose Finance, Marketing as your commerce major.
B Com-Professional Accounting/Law you HAVE to do accounting as your commerce major. You can't do marketing or finance, so if you change you mind after six months ago you have to change degrees.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Please understand my dire situation (ALL FAIL) and HELP ME CHOOSE FROM MY OPTIONS!

Okay guys these few months after HSC have been so insanely crazy (personal reasons) that I have totally f**cked my first semester of uni up.

I am doing a bachelor of economics at USYD but this semester I have actually failed 3 subjects and discontinued my 4th subject due to prediction of another fail. Fail marks are:

subject A- 6 fail
subject B - 25 fail
subject C - 30 fail
subject D - DNF

Anyway I've calculated my future possible wam and what i've realised is that if I end up getting distinction averages (75) for ALL my other subjects from now on I will end up with a OVERALL FINAL WAM OF 69! I just feel like crying.... when I know this. I mean getting a distinction average is obviously hard to get, but all that effort for the rest of my time at uni and I get 69!? which means i cant even do first class honors and probably no job.

Anyway recently (UAC mid year entry) recieved an offer from macquarie university of B.commerce/B.laws. Now I am considering of transfering as my future possible WAM at USYD is BAD.... Also I always wanted to do commerce instead of economics... but I couldnt make it into commerce. I never considered the law part but I thought that it would not be that bad as I heard it will boost my employability???

I want to work in FINANCE (but not IB) preferably corporate finance in the future. I understand that doing b.economics (finance major) would be the smarter and fast choice in order to break into industry as economics is more linked with finance than law. ALSO USYD is known to be highly prestigious and apparently you can get jobs easier by graduating there. However as already mention the WAM FACTOR.... I am not confident to be pulling full 80s throughout the rest of my degree to get a distinction average overall....

Now I know I have asked so many questions on BoS and im sorry for that but this would have the be my most important thread.

Guys can you please help me make a decision. Give me tips and advice.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Please understand my dire situation (ALL FAIL) and HELP ME CHOOSE FROM MY OPTIONS

guys plsss help.........

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Please understand my dire situation (ALL FAIL) and HELP ME CHOOSE FROM MY OPTIONS

thanks for the advice.

Can anyone else also give me their opinion of what I should do thanks.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Your record on BoS shows that you like to blame everyone and everything except yourself for your poor performance.

Can you tell me why you've performed so poorly when other people in similar situations haven't struggled like yourself?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

You don't have to tell anyone here what your issues were but as Blue Suede as said, you need to figure out how to get yourself right before you can even think about succeeding. I'll tell you now, if you're not having much luck with a single degree, a workload of two degrees is going to end up in the same result.

Sup3rDry

HSC

I'm sorry but I've just read too many of your threads and have literally memorised word for word your dilemma in detail. I find it pointless posting the same thing over and over again when people have answered your questions in your previous threads. First of all, you need to get your shit together by seeking advice from a professional like the head of the faculty/adviser, posting on here would be of minimal help. And for your 69, there are always room for improvement in terms of marks, and you have many years to make up for it.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I've read your previous posts OP and frankly I'd take the transfer if you want to continue with uni, thus giving you a fresh transcript and another chance.

Not many firms will hire you regardless of your wam once they see your transcript.

Uni is not for everyone remember, perhaps take a break and work for a bit instead. You can always go back later.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad

this is ridiculous, going to a different uni doesn't mean you won't make the same mistakes again!! Why did you fail everything anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)