UWS B business/commerce to UTS B business credit recognition (1 Viewer)

LekHuyBoW

HSC
Hey guys, I've recently just been offered a chance to go to UTS kuringai campus for B Business with cut off 82 ATAR. I've accepted this offer and I'm now up to the stage of enrolling in subjects. To be honest, I don't know how I received this offer as my ATAR was 69.75 and my UWS B Business/ Commerce GPA is 1.8 which is horrid. I have completed 7 Units at UWS and I was wondering if I should apply for credit recognition at UTS? To do so I must supply them with my transcript from UWS. Will the uni be put off by my past failures? Is it possible for them to take back their offer if they see the transcript?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
They see your transcript when you applied through UAC, so they know what your academic record is already.

Credits mean you won't have to do electives/some subjects again, so it is worth applying unless you wish you repeat the same first year classes over and over. With the exception of BAS, most 1st year subjects will have an equivilet at UTS.

If you don't apply for credit for previous studies, you won't receive any exemptions or credit towards your UTS degree, and will have to take the full course over. Any subject you failed you won't get credit for, and your GPA starts afresh at UTS.

LekHuyBoW

HSC
I didn't fill in my University records in my UAC application though, would they have still gotten their hands on my UWS transcript either way?

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, they go to your university regardless.

I just transferred from UWS to MACQ myself, and I didn't have to supply any records to UAC. I applied for credit at Macq, which is what UAC got from UWS.

LekHuyBoW

HSC
Thanks! I jsut enrolled today I got 5/7 credit exemptions which is really good. Thanks for the advice gave me lots of confidence going in ^.^

Nyx

HSC
how the fuck did u get in the 60's in terms of your atar lol? what school did u go to mate?
anyways goodluck in ur studies bro

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks! I jsut enrolled today I got 5/7 credit exemptions which is really good. Thanks for the advice gave me lots of confidence going in ^.^
Congrats :)

I hope you enjoy you new clean slate at UTS !

how the fuck did u get in the 60's in terms of your atar lol? what school did u go to mate?
anyways goodluck in ur studies bro

No need to be rude mate. Not everybody can go to a top school...
A lot of my school (myself included) had ATARs from the 60s through early 80s.
I had a friend that got 75-85 in all her subjects, and she had a 60s atar. When you look at it that way, she didn't do bad in any of her subjects, scaling and our schools rank just brought her down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)