UNSW COM/LAW from MAQ COM/LAW - transfer help needed!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Nyx

HSC
Is it possible to transfer from Com/Law MAQ to UNSW com law ??

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Bro, but isn't com/law at UNSW like 99.65 (something near that) + UWS needs an atar of 92.5 for Com/Law; so it is possible for Nyx to transfer after 1 year right?
lower atar = need higher uni marks to transfer. it's possible but not too sure how many external transfer spots are available since 100 are guaranteed for unsw students

Sup3rDry

HSC
Bro, but isn't com/law at UNSW like 99.65 (something near that) + UWS needs an atar of 92.5 for Com/Law; so it is possible for Nyx to transfer after 1 year right?
You can get into Law at UWS with an ATAR of 80.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
You can get into Law at UWS with an ATAR of 80.
What would be the chance of a transfer to USYD or UNSW comm/law with 91 atar and distinction average in 3rd year at uni doing comm/law at MQ????

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
What would be the chance of a transfer to USYD or UNSW comm/law with 91 atar and distinction average in 3rd year at uni doing comm/law at MQ????
Dude are you mentally stable o_O
You haved failed all your subjects for the first semester, so don't worry about transferring from Macquarie law/commerce yet!
Worry about your present situation and the ways you can deal with your 'personal problems' so that it doesn't halt your progress in the future.
Get the grades first, and then ask questions about future transfers.

Edit: Since I'm feeling nice, I'll answer the question anyway. I suppose it would be possible to transfer into law/commerce to USYD with 91 as your atar and a Distinction average in Commerce/Law at macquarie. Since the courses are almost identical, getting a Distinction should see you through. But anything over that is a bonus. Your atar (91) is not considerably high for law/commerce at USYD, so a Distinction is the absolute minimum you should be aiming at MQ!

Last edited:

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Dude are you mentally stable o_O
You haved failed all your subjects for the first semester, so don't worry about transferring from Macquarie law/commerce yet!
Worry about your present situation and the ways you can deal with your 'personal problems' so that it doesn't halt your progress in the future.
Get the grades first, and then ask questions about future transfers.

Edit: Since I'm feeling nice, I'll answer the question anyway. I suppose it would be possible to transfer into law/commerce to USYD with 91 as your atar and a Distinction average in Commerce/Law at macquarie. Since the courses are almost identical, getting a Distinction should see you through. But anything over that is a bonus. Your atar (91) is not considerably high for law/commerce at USYD, so a Distinction is the absolute minimum you should be aiming at MQ!
Since you answerd the Q already.
Would I wont have a chance after 1st year though right? they have 97 atar plus requirement or some shit. Your talking about 2nd or third year transfer when they dont consider ur atar then?

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Since you answerd the Q already.
Would I wont have a chance after 1st year though right? they have 97 atar plus requirement or some shit. Your talking about 2nd or third year transfer when they dont consider ur atar then?
I have friends at USYD who are doing B. Arts and received atars in the mid 80's (~85 each); both trying to transfer into B. Law next year. They told me that they need ~ a HD average. So a GPA of >6.5/7 would be competitive for them as their atar was considerably low. You stand a good change with a Distinction average (6/7) and with an atar of 91. But since you failed all your subjects this semester, I don't know whether thats possible for you or not! Unless you reset your grades via tranferring.
Do keep in mind that a distinction average is the absoulte minimum whilst trying to tranfer into law, unless your atar is >97+ and you have a reasonable gpa.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
I have friends at USYD who are doing B. Arts and received atars in the mid 80's (~85 each); both trying to transfer into B. Law next year. They told me that they need ~ a HD average. So a GPA of >6.5/7 would be competitive for them as their atar was considerably low. You stand a good change with a Distinction average (6/7) and with an atar of 91. But since you failed all your subjects this semester, I don't know whether thats possible for you or not! Unless you reset your grades via tranferring.
Do keep in mind that a distinction average is the absoulte minimum whilst trying to tranfer into law, unless your atar is >97+ and you have a reasonable gpa.
thx. anyone confirm this?

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
thx. anyone confirm this?
Read this and you shall get your confirmation!
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=253865&page=2

Edit: I've fetched this for you; 'Experience suggests you require at least a Distinction average in your tertiary study and a UAI or equivalent over 96 in order for your application to be competitive' from USYD's website. Since this relates to straight law- which needs ~98-99, Law/commerce slightly has a lower cut-off ~97 I think... so as I said before, a distinction average is the absolute minimum you should aim for law with an atar of 91. Anything over that is a bonus. My friends need a gpa of around HD.. >6.5 at least.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)