Wam & gpa (1 Viewer)

J-Wang

HSC
What is WAM and GPA and how are they calculated?
What is the WAM and GPA needed for a distinction average?

Thanks in advance

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
GPA= Grade Points Average

It's the average mark you've received at your entire time at uni.

So the total marks of all your classes while at uni/number of classes completed at uni.

HD=7
D=6
C=5
P=4
F=0

So for a Distinction average you need 6+/7

:)

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Just on a similar note, do universities scale your finial scores before posting them in the upcoming weeks?
For example, lets say that I missed out on a HD for a subject by 1.85 (83.15/85) < according to the weightings which I calculated myself. Would the final marks be the same or would they scale?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Just on a similar note, do universities scale your finial scores before posting them in the upcoming weeks?
For example, lets say that I missed out on a HD for a subject by 1.85 (83.15/85) < according to the weightings which I calculated myself. Would the final marks be the same or would they scale?
Some subjects do, some don't.
It can change from semester to semester.

For example, my stats lecturer (also the unit coordinator) said this semester if you fell just short of moving up a band, they will round up your mark.
My friend from class who did the subject in the previous semester had failed the exam by one mark, and they basically said "too bad" and she got a fail.

It's hard to tell unless they've said.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Some subjects do, some don't.
It can change from semester to semester.

For example, my stats lecturer (also the unit coordinator) said this semester if you fell just short of moving up a band, they will round up your mark.
My friend from class who did the subject in the previous semester had failed the exam by one mark, and they basically said "too bad" and she got a fail.

It's hard to tell unless they've said.
Thank you for your input :)
Its funny how you bring in statistics! I'll be doing that next semester.
Btw what are you studying and where?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)