Google Glass in classroom (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
What's with these neo-luddite lectures and tutors who oppose the use of Google Glass in the classroom but allows laptops and tablets? They have no idea what it is and they don't let me wear it, yet the device use the same OS as the Android tablets used by some other students.

Banning something just because it's currently not mainstream.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
What's with these neo-luddite lectures and tutors who oppose the use of Google Glass in the classroom but allows laptops and tablets? They have no idea what it is and they don't let me wear it, yet the device use the same OS as the Android tablets used by some other students.

Banning something just because it's currently not mainstream.
HOLY GLASSES! I just googled this and found out what it is!
As an IT student, I'm very interested in this. Where did you get it, how much did it cost?
As for banning this, I think its a relatively 'new' technology and everyone does not have access to it; so shouldn't be allowed. It can be used for educational purposes, but may perhaps be used for misconduct (cheating during an exam, quizzes in classes) as people are not familiar with this technology and wouldn't recognise it.

Thanks for opening an interesting topic though :)

Last edited:

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Also, lecturers and tutors would want to know what their students are browsing/viewing! With Google glasses, this would not be possible!
Laptops and Tablets allow other end-users to view the content, hence monitor the 'ethical' and 'appropriate' behaviour of the student.

pHyRe

HSC
Sit at the back, turn your laptop away slightly from others and you can look at whatever you want.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Assuming you means this technology: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8lScHO2mM0
Where did you get it, it was made available to very limited people for testing.
It's not even released yet, its going to be available next year and the starting cost is ~$1500.00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)