What would be the chance of me transfering into USYD combined law with these marks!!! (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Im currently doing a combined law degree at macquarie.

My current overall wam for 3 semesters is: 78

My ATAR was: 91.00

Now normally I would say I have no chance due to my low atar however a recent reply from USYD stated:

"applicants who have completed at least one year of a recognised tertiary qualification will generally be considered on the better of either the tertiary qualification alone, or the combination of their secondary qualification and tertiary qualification."

"admission requirements are based upon your atar (50percent) and tertiary grade point average (50 percent) or 100 percent tertiary grade point average.

What do you guys recken are the chances for me?

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Re: What would be the chance of me transfering into USYD combined law with these mark

Any replies or advice or tips will BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Re: What would be the chance of me transfering into USYD combined law with these mark

You should really DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Go speak to admissions at USyd. Or just go ahead and apply and see if you get in.

If you are already 3 semesters into the degree, it would probably be worth it just to stay at Macq instead of wasting another 18 months by transferring. You would be better getting your degree and getting some work experience rather than repeating the same degree at a different university.
yes sir I appreciate what your saying however you can get credit points.

Im just asking my fellow b0sers the chance of me making it in, in their opinion

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad

Law at USYD is very competitive. Not sure, but I heard that you need at least 97 if you're intending to transfer.

Here it is from USYD's webpage:
Combined Law - Transfer

If you do not obtain the ATAR cut-off into Combined Law at Sydney you may like to consider the transfer option. You can enrol in another degree at any University, including Sydney. Once you near the completion of your first year, you apply through UAC for a transfer place into Combined Law. You can apply for a transfer place from any institution, and from any degree.

If you have completed at least one year of a recognised tertiary qualification you will generally be considered on the better of either your tertiary qualification alone, or the combination of your secondary qualification and tertiary qualification.

Admission requirements are based upon your ATAR (50 per cent) and Tertiary Grade Point Average (50 per cent), or the Tertiary Grade Point Average (100%), whichever is higher. Entry to Combined Law is extremely competitive and experience suggests you will require an ATAR above 97 and/or a Tertiary Grade Point Average in the Distinction range to be competitive to transfer into Combined Law.

Applications open in August each year for courses commencing in March the following year. If you are unsuccessful in a transfer application at the end of first year you can reapply after second year. The credit transfer policies of the Law School and its partner faculties are used when determining the amount of credit for previous studies. However, it may be difficult to complete Combined Law within the five years and you may wish to consider completing your first degree and then apply for the Juris Doctor.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad

You could at least try. I've tried B.Comm/B.Arts for Midyear applications and got rejected despite I got into my current course (B.Sci/B.Bus at UTS) through EAS points. I got an ATAR of 82.35 and only made it into B.Arts/B.Sci at USYD :/

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

I have literally no idea what result would be required for a guaranteed spot.

But if you are applying for a mid year transfer, it would be higher since there are less spots available.

This is what you do. You do your very best at Macquarie, and apply. Done.

But with a 78 average in Law, you should have decent chance.

And is it me, or USYD does not offer a single Law degree? They are all combined?
OP writes...

nah theres no single law degree.

Also I am planning to defer 6 months just so I can keep this wam (incase I screw my next sem up) and try out for combined law transfer at USYD when everyone does as there is no mid year transfer at usyd law.

AND THAT IS THE REASON why this question is so important to me.

OH BTW, it is true i got 78 wam in law but most of them are commerce units of studies lol cuz I didnt do much law only 3 out of 12 lol.
So sghguos, so much about failing units at USyd and good wam mate... Transferred to Macq LLB already?
Either suffers hardcore bipolar or stupid troll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)