Stresses of uni and succeeding? (1 Viewer)

albeitunique

HSC
Hi folks.

So to cut a long story short, I finished year 12 last year, had a baby in December (please refrain from giving me a lecture), and am enrolled to start my Bachelor of Nursing degree 2014. I'm starting to get quite anxious about the work load of university and am seriously wondering if anyone has any advice on how to nail it- just like high school? Studying hard? Uni is important to me but family comes first.

I eventually want to do a postgraduate Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery but I'm not sure if I will be able to get the marks while juggling university and a young family.

How hard is uni? I'm sure it's different depending on subject but any advice? I'm all ears. I just want to know what I'm in for. Thanks! :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hello, so far my experiences of Uni are as follows I have learnt the following:

- Time flies by quickly. So probably you should try to get the most out of Uni during the short time frame. The workload is definitely manageable.

- Asking for help from your tutors as early as possible is very beneficial during the earlier weeks of semester - they are willing to help you.

- Getting to know new people and having fun socially really makes Uni enjoyable (join a club or sport).

- Oh yeah try not to spend during lunchtime/breaks. I found I have spent a large amount of money on food :(

Emily Howard

HSC
tym flys srsly start yer work early

i rly on special consideration which gives me xtra tym to do stuff

workin n uni is hard as it is cnt imagine doin it with a kid

dizzlemizzle

HSC
Science-y subjects usually have alot of content and usually need alot of time and effort. It really depends on how quick of a learner you are and whether you study smartly. Fall behind just one week and the work can start to pile up as you also have to hand in assignments; each week you'd probably have to read about 30 pages + for each subject and on top of that also complete tutorial homework.

I'm guessing you'd have to get distinctions to get into medicine, and to be totally honest maintaining a distinction takes ALOT of effort and dedication, but hey where there is a will there is a way! It would be a different story if you were doing an Arts degree, but thats besides the point. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)