Early entry tips (1 Viewer)

newcastle2012

HSC
Hey everyone

Just need some help with early entry admission tips to help get into Economics+finance/Law at university of wollongong. I am one of those wierd cases were i get really good marks in the related subjects (legal studies 95, economics 92 and general mathematics 88) but because of some other subject choices i may not get a high enough ATAR to gain entry so i was wondering if anyone here has any tips on gaining early entry or if i could get in with these marks or ranks?
legal studies 95% 1st
economics 92% 1st
general maths 88% 6/116
modern history 71% 18/31
chemistry 65% 20/34
standard english 60% 76/144
p.s I have heard of the School Support Statement and have gone about getting my economics and legal studies teachers to help me fill them out. Will it help with gaining entry significantly?

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
If you provide them with your overall marks in Legal Studies and Economics, you should receive an early entry offer from UOW

I had a number of friends in your sort of position...they excelled in Social Science subjects (eg. Economics, Business Studies, Geography) but seemed a bit lost when it came to Maths & English.

All but one of the guys ended up with early entry offers from UOW, that one guy crammed extremely hard and got a main round offer to UNSW.

newcastle2012

HSC
Hey mate you should go well i think try and stress the advanced english mark and increase it and they should take that into consideration over legal studies tho to be honest with law i think the writing style is significantly closer to legal studies than english in my oppinion so prehaps try and improve in the trial as well. Anyway i heard that even if you get a guaranteed offer of entry to UOW they can cancel it if you don't go well with your atar anyone want to clarify this please?

nboscheinen

HSC
I'm in a little bit of a similar position and just got an interview offer today, so stoked. But was just wondering whether the application or interview stage is harder to get through, anyone know?

Sammer

HSC
N/A
Yes! I'm wondering too.
I thought we had to do a test, and didn't do an interview?

How many people DID get an offer?
I'm not sure how selective they were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)