University Open Days? (1 Viewer)

thespaniad

HSC
I was wondering if it was suitable or okay for a yr 10 student to go to a university open day? and also what does an open day involve? Sydney Uni in particular.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, the Open Days are open for all students, and by extension, the public.

moocow920

HSC
If you are interested in USYD in particular it is in late August so not too far off. I don't know specifics, you can check their website for more detailed information, but there are general stalls for different opportunities within the uni, tours of the campus and also colleges, lots of information sessions/lectures about different aspects of the uni, and info sessions on different faculties or courses. The times and details of these sessions can be found on the website so you can plan your day.

I went to the USYD open day in Year 10 and I found it helpful, you would probably want to go again in Year 12 though when you have a slightly clearer idea of what you want to do the next year. Most importantly I would advise to just check out whats going on before hand so you know what time any sessions you want to go to are so you don't miss out

http://sydney.edu.au/open_day/

moocow920

HSC
You're welcome! Also forgot to mention lots of student ambassadors and people who you can ask questions about anything really, good for getting the feel of the place

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Year 10 is an excellent time; If your not sure/are sure what you want to do you can find out what sort of subjects and marks you need to aim for :)

Jinks

HSC
As everyone said go for it, see whats around and maybe it will give you a better idea of what you want to do. They generally involve things like sample lecturers, course information sessions, tours and fun events like BBQ's and shows/performances.

CloudDeter

HSC
I have a list of most of the open days happening in August/September from our careers newsletter. I can upload those here if you want.

stephwilliam

HSC
Uni Open days are for EVERYONE!!
:hat:
USYD has just released their timetable, which includes mini lectures and information seminars, stalls for clubs and other info, and lots of random activities and entertainment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)