Animal Science options - advice needed (1 Viewer)

julka

HSC
I'm a mature-age student wanting to study zoology/animal science and later vet if I get the required GPA. I've received an offer from UNE for the Bachelor of Zoology, read good things about the off-campus mode there and must say I really love the sound of the units offered as part of this course. Only minus is I'm in Melbourne and Armidale is quite a hike away for the mandatory intensive schools.

I've also applied to both Latrobe for the Animal Studies and Vet Bioscience, and same course at Monash Gippsland. I won't hear from these for a while and given that UNE offers a Trimester 3 start, I have enrolled for the first couple of units.

However, I'd be interested to hear everyone's perspectives on these 3 courses compared.

From my point of view the UNE one - as above, all great but for the distance. Latrobe is the only on-campus option so definitely more contact hours and I am an hour's drive away, but heard very good things about the degree. Monash is a G8 Uni so would be the clear winner as a pathway to vet, but the Gippsland campus is separating from Monash from Jan1 2014, joining with Ballarat Uni to become Federation Uni. The subjects don't look as fascinating as the UNE or Latrobe ones but definitely it would be easier (and cheaper!) for me to schlep to Gippsland for an intensive school than to Armidale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)