Tafe to UWS? (1 Viewer)

Foxy_

HSC
I look up on the UWS website and it said that I can apply for Bachelor of Computing if I complete a Diploma of Information Technology (General) at TAFE. I looked up the diploma and it only takes 6 months to complete, it goes from 9am to 6pm, 4 days a week.

I thought it would take like 2-3 years of TAFE before universities even consider you. How come UWS accepts this? Only 6 months? Annd I also get 80 credit points..

Also, since it's 6 months, will I be able to apply for UWS during the middle of the year and start then? I want to start this course next year, it starts on February 14th. It's 6 months so i'll finish around July14th. Can I apply for uni July 14th, 2014?

HSC
Uni Grad
Most courses can have mid year entry, I suggest emailing the university to see if the course is available all year.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I look up on the UWS website and it said that I can apply for Bachelor of Computing if I complete a Diploma of Information Technology (General) at TAFE. I looked up the diploma and it only takes 6 months to complete, it goes from 9am to 6pm, 4 days a week.

I thought it would take like 2-3 years of TAFE before universities even consider you. How come UWS accepts this? Only 6 months? Annd I also get 80 credit points..

Also, since it's 6 months, will I be able to apply for UWS during the middle of the year and start then? I want to start this course next year, it starts on February 14th. It's 6 months so i'll finish around July14th. Can I apply for uni July 14th, 2014?
Afaik you won't be able t have your tafe results counted for mid-year entry so you will have to wait until the next year, hence the 80 CP instead of 40.

coffee_

HSC
To do the diploma, you probably would have to do a Cert IV in IT which takes around 6 -12 months to complete and then you do the Diploma which is an additional 6 months. You will have to show them that you have enough knowledge to do the diploma otherwise it's best to do the Cert IV. I know a friend who wasn't allowed to do the Diploma unless he completed the Cert IV first, hence taking you around 1-1.5 years to complete. Some courses have the Cert IV implemented in the Diploma program, so you can ring and ask if you can do that for IT.

If it takes you 6 months to complete, as Riproot said, you won't be able to apply for uni because mid-year uni entries are somewhere in June

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
UWS = University of Wasted Space

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)