Regional Entry Test (1 Viewer)

Rosie

hey,
i was just wondering if anyone here sat for the RET for UWS? If so we got our results in the post today and its all very confusing....if anyone else did the same let me know thanks :)

Amuka

Yeh i got it back today, i thought my mark sucked but i understood it. What's puzzling you?

Rosie

basically the percentile rank...i don't get that bit. By the way, if you don't mind me asking...what were your scores?

Amuka

percentile is what u ranked agianst agianst everyone who has sat the test. i.e percentile score of 20 means u beat or equaled 20% of people and were beaten by 80%, a score or 75 means u beat or equaled 75% of people and were beaten by 25%. Useful to guage ur performance vs. rest of the state i.e get a an idea of how good ur mark is.

Verbal STAT- 170 Percentile 96.3

Quantitative STAT- 175 Percentile 95.8

Overall- 172* Percentile 97.9

*shouldnt this round to 173 i think im getting screwed :p

Written- 157 Percentile 78.9 (no surprise i knew i fucked it but im still disappointed)

RET- 92

Last edited:

Amuka

I wasn't happy with my written which i thought i could of done better in and if i had it would of probably ragged my mark up to mid 90s which would be good enuff for law (not that i wanna do law or have it down as a pref. but it would be nice to have the option).

stickyicky

that a heaps good ret. i got a ret score of 57 which is sooooo fucken shit. please tell me there is someone that got lower than me

evie

This is the part I'm a bit iffy on.

"Once you have satisfied these criteria, your RET result if higher than your UAI will be used during the 2003 UAC offer rounds."

So just say you have a course in mind but your uai is not high enough but your ret is, they disregard your uai entirely and use your ret instead?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by stickyicky
that a heaps good ret. i got a ret score of 57 which is sooooo fucken shit. please tell me there is someone that got lower than me
well i got a ret score of 50 not surprising condisdering i was sick on da day.

Amuka

Originally posted by evie
This is the part I'm a bit iffy on.

"Once you have satisfied these criteria, your RET result if higher than your UAI will be used during the 2003 UAC offer rounds."

So just say you have a course in mind but your uai is not high enough but your ret is, they disregard your uai entirely and use your ret instead?
Your UAI must be within 10 points, i.e if the course requires 75 then you need atleast 65 and then you can use your RET.

evie

Originally posted by Amuka
Your UAI must be within 10 points, i.e if the course requires 75 then you need atleast 65 and then you can use your RET.
So if your uai is 65 but your ret is lower than 65 they don't use it and you don't get into your chosen course?

Amuka

So if your uai is 65 but your ret is lower than 65 they don't use it and you don't get into your chosen course?
If your chosen course has a UAI requirement above 65, then yes you won't get into your chosen course.

evie

Originally posted by Amuka
If your chosen course has a UAI requirement above 65, then yes you won't get into your chosen course.
No, I mean the ret score. What if you get a ret of 60, the course uai is 75. You get in 10 less with your ret so you needa get 65. Just say your uai is 65 but your ret is lower than your uai, then what happens?

Amuka

No, I mean the ret score. What if you get a ret of 60, the course uai is 75. You get in 10 less with your ret so you needa get 65. Just say your uai is 65 but your ret is lower than your uai, then what happens?
Sorry i must explain better.

If the posted UAI for a course is 75 then you need your UAI to be atleast 65 to use your RET, then to get into the course your RET must be atleast the posted UAI, 75.

So for a course that is 80 your need a UAI above or equal to 70 and an RET above or equal to 80.

stickyicky

I rreckon this ret test by the UWS is rigged, most of u prolly think i'm sayin this because i got a shit ret score but think of it. The ret test is supposed to be a test , to give those less smarter students a more easier entry of getting entry into the UWS course. And the ret test is not restricted to anyone depending how smart or dumb u are,but depending on ur area code. But the test is so fucken hard. So smart students who do the ret test are gonna get a good ret score, and they're the students that are most likely going to get a good uai, and prolly won't even need their ret to get into their uws course, and students who aren't so smart, like me who get a shit ret score and not a good uai as smarter students, won't be able to use their ret because their ret is most likely going to be lower than their uai cause the test is so hard. So i think its rigged, disagree or agree but thats how i feel, and i feel that i have wasted $110 on nothing

evie

Amuka-- Oh ok, that makes more sense now. Thanks for explaining that to me! :)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by stickyicky
I rreckon this ret test by the UWS is rigged, most of u prolly think i'm sayin this because i got a shit ret score but think of it. The ret test is supposed to be a test , to give those less smarter students a more easier entry of getting entry into the UWS course. And the ret test is not restricted to anyone depending how smart or dumb u are,but depending on ur area code. But the test is so fucken hard. So smart students who do the ret test are gonna get a good ret score, and they're the students that are most likely going to get a good uai, and prolly won't even need their ret to get into their uws course, and students who aren't so smart, like me who get a shit ret score and not a good uai as smarter students, won't be able to use their ret because their ret is most likely going to be lower than their uai cause the test is so hard. So i think its rigged, disagree or agree but thats how i feel, and i feel that i have wasted $110 on nothing

i totally agree wif u da bloody test was a waste of time and money cause da test was designfor da smart ppl and 2 rip off da poor and not so smart.

evie

I have another question.

Did any of you do the CPOS portfolio? (If you were accepted you get in 5 uai points under the cut off)

Will they disregard that now that we have our ret scores?

What if your ret wasn't as high as you needed it to be? Can you use the cpos 5 points instead?

Rosie

I have another question.

Did any of you do the CPOS portfolio? (If you were accepted you get in 5 uai points under the cut off)

Will they disregard that now that we have our ret scores?

What if your ret wasn't as high as you needed it to be? Can you use the cpos 5 points instead?
Evie - the RET score has nothing to do with the CPOS. So don't worry...if you were successful with that u still get the 5 points :)
The CPOS is a wayyy betta opportunity then the RET eva was, and i'm sure lots of people agree!!

evie

Originally posted by Rosie
Evie - the RET score has nothing to do with the CPOS. So don't worry...if you were successful with that u still get the 5 points :)
The CPOS is a wayyy betta opportunity then the RET eva was, and i'm sure lots of people agree!!
Yup yup, ITA!
Thanks for that, my ret wasn't as good as I wanted it to be but knowing I can use my cpos if my uai (god forbid) isn't as high as I expected it to be, puts my mind at ease. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)