For those who got into early admission for their universities... (1 Viewer)

MiddleOfTheOreo

HSC
How stressed are you?

I got into UOW for Bach of Arts, not that hard but it means I can chose from many courses after. I would prefer to go into Primary teaching later.

sugartits

HSC
I got into Law/Commerce at University of Notre Dame, but its conditional that I don't drop in performance.

So I'm less stressed, however if in some of my humanities subjects (Economics, Legal, Modern) If they throw a few curveball essays I could be screwed

Still I'm stoked :p Law/Commerce at Sydney, UNSW and UTS is all like 99 or 96 :p

Raolan

HSC
Yeah arts is like... the easiest course to get into at uni and aside from the purpose of transferring it's also the least useful for a career.

zmccu3

HSC
I got in for Commerce at UOW, not really stressed at all but still feel some pressure because technically they can withdraw my offer and I have no idea how bad I'd have to do in order for them to do that.

sugartits

HSC
I got in for Commerce at UOW, not really stressed at all but still feel some pressure because technically they can withdraw my offer and I have no idea how bad I'd have to do in order for them to do that.
Cool, I got a friend that got into that too

Raolan

HSC
*really* bad.

Like you'd have to get band 2-3s in every subject.

lcf123

HSC
I got a conditional offer for usyd B arts so all I need is 70.01 to be accepted but i just flunked english paper one due to anxiety and they are unlikely to accpet my misadventure due to me having special provisions anyway

do you reckon I will still be able to achieve that atar ? what bands am I looking at, to be able to scrape in ?

Raolan

HSC
I got a conditional offer for usyd B arts so all I need is 70.01 to be accepted but i just flunked english paper one due to anxiety and they are unlikely to accpet my misadventure due to me having special provisions anyway

do you reckon I will still be able to achieve that atar ? what bands am I looking at, to be able to scrape in ?
If you do paper 2, probably only a band 5 in your other subjects will net you 70.01 easily. srsly 70 is ridiculously easy to get.

lcf123

HSC
I hope you're right- thanks and good luck for your exams!

MiddleOfTheOreo

HSC
For me I assume I get

Band 4 Adv English
High Band 5 > Band 6 General Math
High Band 4 Ancient History
High Band 4 > Band 5 Society and Culture
Band 3 > 4 Biology (Worse decision of my life)

D94

HSC
N/A
Yea but thats for arts :p The average person could get into arts somewhere without even studying hard
Probably not. The median ATAR for 2012 was 69.55. Most Arts entry cutoffs are at least 70.

Sammer

HSC
N/A
I got into commerce / law at UOW.

Although it's nice to know that you've been accepted into uni, I'm still very stressed out.

I just want to get the best atar I can.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)