ATAR vs. No ATAR (1 Viewer)

Ethan Costello

HSC
Hey There,

I have a bit of a dilemma and struggling to make my mind up.

At the moment for Year 12 I am doing 12 Units, this consists of General Maths, Standard English, Cert 3. Entertainment (VET), Business Studies and TAFE - Cert. 4 Filmmaking and Editing (VET).

I am really not enjoying Business Studies and only getting average marks, but if I were to drop Business Studies I would not be eligible for an ATAR. At this point in time I am NOT LOOKING to go to University, but going straight into the workforce, with a couple of jobs already lined up for me.

I have been advised by my careers advisor to stick with Business as I may change my mind in the next 12-months. After talking with various students sitting their HSC who are not eligible for an ATAR, they have said they do not regret it, and that they were not planning on going into University.

I have been told by friend's parents that having a Cert 3 and Cert 4 will make me eligible to go to University if I wish (but as I said, I am not looking at going to Uni right away). If I did change my mind, I would only have to wait 3 years to go into University as a mature age student.

I was hoping to get some ideas and opinions from you guys and also if you know of other pathways into University if I do not get an ATAR.

Thanks

USYDjessa

HSC
Uni Grad
in general at USYD you can not apply to using anything below a diploma, however i'm pretty sure other institutions accept Cert III and Cert IV, especially when its related to the courses you're applying for. :) hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)