Which American University should I pick for exchange? (1 Viewer)

J

jimm1988

I'm planning on going to either the US or Canada on exchange in 2014. I'm Australian and have never really travelled before. I'm interested to know what universities would be the top three to pick in terms of location, opportunities to travel and school reputation. I'm studying postgrad construction management. A run down of the universities you know about would be great!

UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY OF ILLIONOIS
CORNELL UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
BOSTON COLLEGE
MCGILL
UBC

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
cornell is ivy league, so in terms of education you'll be set

location wise it looks hella boring.. I've been to both coasts of the us, gotta say having uni close to a major city to get a break is also something to consider. When I was there travelling with family, there seemed to be so many people wearing UCONN jumpers for some reason?

For education + location, I would go for UCONN, seems more lively

but are you stuck with those choices? If not, UCLA, UCI has the maddest location right near newport beach in the OC (cousin goes there, not as good ranked though), then theres UC Berkeley in the bay area and other side, what about Boston U, NYU etc etc?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm planning on going to either the US or Canada on exchange in 2014. I'm Australian and have never really travelled before. I'm interested to know what universities would be the top three to pick in terms of location, opportunities to travel and school reputation. I'm studying postgrad construction management. A run down of the universities you know about would be great!

UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY OF ILLIONOIS
CORNELL UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
BOSTON COLLEGE
MCGILL
UBC

thanks
Cornell is the best of the lot.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
cornell is ivy league, so in terms of education you'll be set

location wise it looks hella boring.. I've been to both coasts of the us, gotta say having uni close to a major city to get a break is also something to consider. When I was there travelling with family, there seemed to be so many people wearing UCONN jumpers for some reason?

For education + location, I would go for UCONN, seems more lively

but are you stuck with those choices? If not, UCLA, UCI has the maddest location right near newport beach in the OC (cousin goes there, not as good ranked though), then theres UC Berkeley in the bay area and other side, what about Boston U, NYU etc etc?
who cares about ranking, youre just going on exchange anyway lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)