Is there much difference between bachelor of psychology and bachelor of psychological (1 Viewer)

pigas

HSC
Is there much difference between bachelor of psychology and bachelor of psychological science?

From what I've gathered, psychological science is more.. well, science focused.
See, I wanted to possibly do psychology and become a clinical psychologist, and it's also really important to me to go to a 'prestigious' university. It may sound stupid but it's my own personal value. However if I had to, I would attend a less prestigious uni..

So I wanted to go possibly UNSW but the atar for psychology is like 98.. but for psychological science it's 87.50. Still high but I think it's much more achieveable for me while 98 is almost impossible.

So does anyone know if there is much difference? Why does one have a considerably higher atar, when I think you're still on the same path?

jnney

lemon
HSC
Re: Is there much difference between bachelor of psychology and bachelor of psycholog

The only difference is the name of the degree on your certificate, and the option to also complete an unrelated science major (see here: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2014/3435.html).

The reason why there is a huge ATAR threshold difference between the two degrees is because the B.Psychology is a lot more popular.

ag12

HSC
N/A
Re: Is there much difference between bachelor of psychology and bachelor of psycholog

The only difference is the name of the degree on your certificate, and the option to also complete an unrelated science major (see here: http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2014/3435.html).

The reason why there is a huge ATAR threshold difference between the two degrees is because the B.Psychology is a lot more popular.
You can do majors from Business and Arts as well as Science in the BPsycholSci; there are also more people on the BPsycholSci than BPsych, so the difference may not be popularity - but rather to do with simple ATARS. With good results you can move from BPsychSci to BPsych anyway. In essence both degrees qualify you equally for Honours and to progress to a Masters in Clinical or similar - but these are competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)