Hey Guys, I am stressed as hell. Need advice/tips (1 Viewer)

SMART_BOY

Banned
HSC
I really don't have an idea about the uac preferences.

I really want to study medicine, so like till what time to I have time to go and change my preferences, so once my Atar comes, how long would I have left to change my preferences.

What if I don't get the atar (ie. 99+) what should I do and what are all the pathways I have to get into medicine.

can someone please help me out asap, i am stressed and worried because of both HSC and getting into medicine.

Thanks,

Edit: Need help as soon as possible!

HSC
After your ATAR comes out...you have til 4th January to change preferences....(I'm about 95% sure on the date)....and the main round of offers starts 16 January...

can't help you out with the pathways into medicine....

For me, if I don't get the ATAR I want (God-forbid)...I just give up my dream course at dream uni....and do some random course and some random uni.....

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
If you don't get the ATAR for med, look into alternatives like medical science or other med-related fields, that aren't strictly "medicine"?

but I know you can do post-grad med, but you need GAMSAT (which is the harder and more knowledge-based version of UMAT, correct me if I'm wrong) so you can probably do like adv sci (or something related to science/med/health) and GAMSAT and then go into med as an alternative?? I'm not 100% but talk to your careers advisor.

Just focus on the HSC for now, bc if you stress too much you won't do well and in turn, can hurt your ATAR.

Best of luck :)

SMART_BOY

Banned
HSC
thanks guys, what does the main round offers mean, just so that I am not confused, when will be the best time to change my preferences because I choose medicine as my three preferences, so after my Atar comes, how long would I have to change my preferences and add new courses. I know we have till 4 january, is this when UAC starts to give offers.

Thanks,

can someone please help me out.

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
They give ATARs out around a day or two after HSC results, which are usually mid-December. I think that leaves you around 2-3 weeks to decide :)

Not 100% sure about main-round offers because I don't want to give a dodgy definition.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I can't reply to your private message... so here goes.

1. You have till the 14th of January. Your ATAR comes out on December 19th. :)
2. Your ATAR is pure without bonus points added. If you have applied for a particular course in a university, they will add it on themselves and let you know if you made it into the course.
3. Main round of offers is on the 14th of January :) So maybe change your preferences ASAP after getting your ATAR

bedpotato

HSC
I can't reply to your private message... so here goes.

1. You have till the 4th of January. Your ATAR comes out on December 19th. :)
2. Your ATAR is pure without bonus points added. If you have applied for a particular course in a university, they will add it on themselves and let you know if you made it into the course.
3. Main round of offers is on the 16th of January :) So maybe change your preferences ASAP after getting your ATAR
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)