How busy do you get when you're in uni? (1 Viewer)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm curious on how busy your life gets once you get into uni? I know a guy who has 2 casual jobs, a full time job, does part time uni, party heaps and still keeps up with his hobbies. I've been thinking that once get into uni i'd do the same, but how hard is it?

madharris

HSC
N/A
but how hard is it?
How is it to keep up a life style like that? or how hard is uni work?

It's not that difficult to keep up that life style if you don't like sleeping :)
But honestly, it's different for everyone.
You have to see what type of lifestyle works out for you in terms of your grades, social life and sleep and stick with it :p

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on the degree ... Commerce degrees have less contact hours than engineering and science degrees.

bangladesh

HSC
Completely depends on your degree. A degree like medicine doesn't allow you to even have a part time job unless you are SUPER organised. Other degrees such as architecture allow you to have a full time job and study full time.
Also depends on the person.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
it depends on your degree and how you make it.

for me doing business at uts, with 3 uni days a semester, i find that i have enough time to find a part-time job, chill with mates and support the western sydney wanderers in the a-league where a free-to-air game is shown every friday night on sbs hd

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I have 20-24 contact hours per semester, dedicate a lot of time to watching weekly tv shows (1-2 hours each weeknight), have a part time job, and the rest of my time is study/procrastinate (or I like to call it relaxing). Some people can get a lot done when they have many commitments because then they have no time to waste time so a lot of it has to do with how motivated and organised you are. It's different for everybody.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It really depends on your motivation, time management, your degree (contact hrs) and what marks you want to get into your degree(some people require more out of uni time effort etc others can coast on passing doing minimal work) . It's all a balancing act for an individual.

michaeljennings

HSC
its really up to you, im supposed to have 12 contact hours but i onyl attend uni for half of those hours so in the end i have weekends + 3 weekdays to do whatever i want

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
It really depends on your motivation, time management, your degree (contact hrs) and what marks you want to get into your degree(some people require more out of uni time effort etc others can coast on passing doing minimal work) . It's all a balancing act for an individual.
+1

Procyon11

HSC
Uni Grad
Weekly schedule: 14 hours of lectures, 4 hours tutorials, 6 hours of labs, 4 problem sets/homework assignments, ~15-20 hours self-study outside of contact hours

You guessed it: Engineering/Science

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I also have to add that it depends on your goals... If you want D's then you would spend more time revising than a person whom aims for a simple pass.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I also have to add that it depends on your goals... If you want D's then you would spend more time revising than a person whom aims for a simple pass.
Thats the same as a kid wanting a 99 atar or an 80. Generally it requires more study however it is also dependent on the individual and the ability of them personally to achieve the marks.

To OP, how long is a piece of string? You will never be entirely sure until you're faced with the situation, the previous posters may have superior time management and thus be able to balance study/work/social life better. Everyone is different, taking other peoples experiences and believing it will be exactly the same for you is misleading, take it only as a general guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)