Post-teenage dilemma - work or uni or both? (1 Viewer)

oniontearless

HSC
N/A
Hi all

I need some advice and guidance on my current situation, preferably from someone who's been in my situation or is currently experiencing the same.

I have just completed my first year at UTS - Bachelor of Business (with average credit in Autumn sem) and have previously completed a Diploma of Business at a private college.

After completing my diploma I was fortunate enough to score my first job as a trainee legal assistant at a reputable law firm which has left me in a dilemma for quite some time (almost a year). Since then, I've decided to work full-time and take up part-time studying, constantly contemplating whether to continue with what I'm currently doing despite the duration of the course which takes twice as long, ..I am also gaining experience and mullah! (adv: in long short run, obv not long term!)

I could have gotten credits exemptions (6months) if I went to MACQ or second year at UWS hence, am in first year as I chose UTS (because, work is also located in the city). (disadv)

I get questions like 'why are you working at a law firm, if you don't intend on studying law?' - I have had thoughts about studying law (only reason for, the firm hires paralegal whom are studying law and of course you'll need some decent marks to be accepted) ..though, I've never been interested in law. I've never studied business studies, legal studies or those theory based subjects in high school - I was more of a practical/creative person but after taking up business it's actually not that bad and have developed interest :jump:

It would be greatly appreciated if someone would kindly advise on what I shall do or their thoughts? I know I need to first establish on what I want to do and where I want to head, thing is.. I didn't even want to go uni, but you know coming from an asian background, parents compare and I felt extremely guilty when other parents ask 'what does your daughter do?' so I will suck it up and of course, I am benefiting :) so, let me know what you folks think/will do if you were in my situation :lol:

I forgot to add, for my work PDR I have also noted that after my business degree I would like to shift from legal support services to business services (there is no guarantee and I won't finish my degree 'til I'm 25! that's if I don't fail any units!!) ahhhh, dilemma :(

Many thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)