Anyone looking at Victorian universities? (1 Viewer)

ingeniarius

HSC
I live in Sydney, but when HSC comes around I'll have Monash down as one of my options, purely because mining engineering is not a widely offered university course. The only universities in NSW that offer it are UNSW, UOW, and Newcastle as part of a transfer scheme.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
As a thumb rule:

1) Choose a university with has the course structure you want!

2) Choose the nearest university which satisfies condition (1).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
So I see that almost everyone on here has goals of going to NSW universities like uSyd UNSW, UTS, UOW etc. Obviously because that is what is closest to them

However I'm looking at Vic universities because although I love in NSW I'm so close to Vic.

Anyone else in this situation? Melbourne is my city and I don't get all the Sydney references!

If so, what unis are you looking at in Victoria and what for?

X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey there,
Although I did end up going to NSW uni myself, I very almost went to UMELB myself and did research on other Victorian unis.

I (like you I suspect?) live in NSW but much, much closer to Melb originally. (Melb was half the distance than Syd is!)

If you're confused about VTAC I may be able to help you out as I filled out both UAC/VTAC.

PatrickH

HSC
I'm in wagga which is roughly half way between the two. I didn't aplpy through UAC. I'm doing communications/media though, so not much point with competting with the elite kids of sydney when RMIT/Swinburne aren't too far away. Melbourne just cause friends, music and sport. I feel the NSW uni's are either to competitive or in a bad location (UOW, Macq, UWS)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)