Uni (1 Viewer)

lizzardG

I think its great that ppl go to uni -dont get me wrong- but its just not my piece of cake, so instead im going to travel... Money will be tight as all buggery, but i have caught the bug... Is anyone else gonna travel b4 they go on to something...or r all of u guys going straight into the big bad world certain of ur life plan??? Just curious...

:confused:

Cheers!

blake

Not sure if you can consider it traveling, but im going to schoolies and then bali for 10 days :) should be fun

do0d

uni isnt what u think it is
unless u do a crazy course which requires a ton of work
ull spend most of ure time having fun

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
if u do a double degree, does that mean u wont have fun?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I'm halfway through my first year of university and I certainly don't have any kind of life plan!

I always prefer to keep my options open (which doing a university degree does) so that I'm not locked into a path or lifestyle in the future that I may not particularly enjoy (or may come to have regrets about).

And double degrees are even more fun - you get twice as many faculty parties! :p

Lee

i have decided to start uni next year then defer a year and go travelling for a year. this way i don't miss out on first year uni with all my friends but also (if i went after i finished uni) i wouldn't have that big hole/gap with employers look down on if i finish then do nothing for a year.

Christine

beige member
HSC
i'm still deliberating on this issue. i've been to europe twice before and i am ADDICTED to travelling. i want to defer but then i don't have enough $$$$$$. i could get a working visa for the uk but the cost of living there is more than u earn....
my dream would be to do university in italy........ ooh i want to go!!!! but i don't think its possible. :(

Morgues

my plan is to get a part time job while in uni and then travel after I complete my degree but the thing is you just never know whats going to happen
I could a uai of 70 just as easily as 95 so its kind of exciting because you never know how things are going to turn out

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
if ya want to travell u could try to get one of those degrees where part of your uni course is to go to study at a uni in a diff country,,, like B BusAdmin international studies @ macquarie (which needs like 99 :D ), or other ones like at UTS n stuff

skeepe

BArts Int. Studies @ UTS is something you could do if you were really interested in travelling for studies... needs a UAI of mid to high 70's just on its own, but it can be combined with around 40 other courses I think... from Engineering to Teaching to Fashion Design... for example it can be combined with the course I'm doing (BScIT) with a UAI requirement of 88.

debugz

HSC
yeah.. what skeepe said.. through year 12 i planned to pick up int. studies in my 2nd yr (and combine it with my B of Sci In IT)
then...
if ur wanting to travel.. going through int stduies isnt a good option

a) ur selectd coutry is restricted to non-enloighs speaking (cancell out states, england ..e tc)
b) (ref. to what Minai said)... double degrees which include int. studies dont necessarily double ur workload.. it just spreads it out over twice as long.. so its like doing one dgree, than another... but they give u a nice mix throughout the 6 years)
c) UTS and other unis offer, study abroad... its just like int. studies.. but u choose which country, which uni, whether u want 6mths, 12mths.. or more... u can do non-enlgihs or enlgihs speaking countries... whatever... u can choose what year u want to study overseas...

i recommend.. not locking urself into an int. studies dgree (unless u want to learn culture... for an addition 3 years or so)...
im not saying dont do int. studies... just that id ur trying to decide ebtween uni and travel.. u can do both... you can be in ur 3rd year.. then decide.. i want to do my 4th in New York (ahhh.. how nice would that ebe.. or canada.. yeah.. back to what i was saying).. umm.. i dunno what i was saying

Uni is lots of fun.. work takes up less than 1/2 ur time (using Comp Sci @ UTS for an example)... u never have as much stress in ur life as u do in year 12... which is a pity.. but inevitable.

=)
Hope i helped a bit

Cheers
de

Sarah J

HSC
I'm deferring next year and going to England and working. First I'm going to the Philippines though, and I'm going on one of those Contiki tours in August next year with my friends.

Yes, I have the bug. How will I afford to pay for this bug? eh, I have no clue. I've managed to save a whopping $50 so far! woo! And I make $100 a week....hmmmm.....i wouldn't have a clue where it all goes.

At uni I'm gonna do a combined degree with B Arts Communications and Int. Studies. I want to go to uni in Italy.

Is it true that they pay for you to go there?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
like B BusAdmin international studies @ macquarie (which needs like 99 :D ),
its actually 99.95 which is amazingly high!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Heh that's because there are only like 3 places offered.

gonzalina

the insane one has landed!

ok, so where should i go??? i wanna do primary education, but i dont know whether to go to wollongong or uts... arghhh...

where should i go peoples???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)