The 6 Types of People That Will Make Your Group Assignments Hell (1 Viewer)

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
Hey guys!

During your years of study, it is inevitable that you will experience the torment of the group assignment. From the “my way or the highway” type, to the one "you have a secret crush on”, here are the types of people you’ll encounter as team members: http://goo.gl/2yL4bJ

Kolmias

HSC
I would definitely be a 'my way or the highway' sort of person when it comes to group assignments at school.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
the one that writes shitty buzzfeed-like clickbait articles

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I always try pair up with the good kids coz i know they'll work hard.
For my chem assignment, i teamed up with the top 4 ranked students in the grade, including me (1st XDD). It was too good, we absolutely smashed it, wrote like 12 pages for our report whilst most ppl wrote 4-5.
Moral: PICK SMART PPL!!

Potato2015

HSC
I will be honest, I am a "My way or the highway" guy as well.

The work ethics within my school pretty much forced me to be THAT guy for 6 years since asking for 1 slide in a 40 slide powerpoint is asking for too much.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
My experience with group assignments was in my Engineering 3rd year of my degree, I was paired with the top engineering student of my cohort during my undergraduate degree.

I then decided to take a GAP year, which reflecting back on it now, was a bit of a mistake on my behalf because i came back and did the 4th year of my Engineering with a group I was unfamiliar with and got marked harsher in 'SPARK' group scenarios.

I think you want to maximise your opportunities in grades, form bonds, form networks, do your work and show a good attitude. In a way group work, prepares you for the 'real world', that is when you go to work.

DonnaN

HSC
N/A
So true, most annoying is the ‘shows up an hour late to meetings and acts like nothings wrong’.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
#1 is the best. After watching so many reality TV shows (Apprentice comes to mind) you'd think everyone is trying their best to become project manager/lead/etc and you'd have to fight for it. No. Never happens. You're lucky if you have someone who wants to be the boss otherwise eventually someone will become the boss by default but by then a lot of the fundamental decisions were probably made (for better or worse)...

#2 is ok as long as they get stuff done in the end - even if they're late to meetings and miss the point.

#3 and #4 is annoying but if you identify it early on then you can plan accordingly.

#5 is the role you give to #3/#4 just so they can be semi useful. Or formatting/collating. An experienced #1 will know that it's not the assignment which is hard but the collation/formatting/printing/submitting - so as long as the person might be dependable, this is something they can delegate.

#6 did not happen as far as I can recall from my uni days.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I had one group assignment where one of my friends got stuck with someone who copied and pasted Wikipedia. In full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merly

HSC
Sometimes I enjoy completing group assessments but unfortunately its not the same with everyone. Not everyone acts dedicated and put an effort in completing it. There are also people that are used to do plagiarism. So I am totally against these kinds of assessments to be honest.

Lazykiitten

Banned
HSC
I think it depends on the situation. Some students can do everything they can in order to achieve success. Other will pass on that and will do nothing for common success.
But such kinds of assessments help to work in a group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)