relying on finals to carry (1 Viewer)

1zephyr

HSC
N/A
lol im doing hell bad at uni and sitting on fail/pass
can doing well and stuff in the final exams that have a weighting of 50% push that up to a credit fr fam no troll srs honest answers
thanks

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah finals are worth quite a bit so of course they can jump your mark up if you do well.

In saying that, finals could be easy or hard so it depends on the course.

1zephyr

HSC
N/A
do unis take into account what percentage you got because im averaging 20% in quizzes or do they just see it as a fail?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
They add all your marks up. Some courses have conditions that you have to pass the final or the assessments in order to pass the course.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
They add all your marks up. Some courses have conditions that you have to pass the final or the assessments in order to pass the course.
Pretty much this from my experience. However some courses might only scale one component (say a final exam) then add up all the marks or do some other random thing to what the course convenors think is appropriate.

1zephyr

HSC
N/A
yeah i have to pass my finals to pass the course
the quizzes are worth 15% which im failing got a credit in the mid sem which is 15% and im sitting on a credit for lab work which is 15%
so the final which is 55% just need to do well and im g for a credit average for the course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)