Cadetship/Internship/Graduate Mock Interviews (Expressions of Interest) (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hi all,

After a couple of requests, I am proposing to hold mock interviews which aims to improve interview skills for students. This is particularly targeted at students who are applying for cadetships/internships/graduate programs and are serious about maximising their employability in an increasingly tough graduate job market (though anyone who just wants some general interview experience for other types of jobs is also welcome).

It will be assumed that students have at least some basic skills and understanding of interviews as this is intended to give you some useful tools to make that step up from a mediocre quality candidate to a good quality candidate and ultimately increase your graduate employability after university.

Interviews take time and heaps of practice to be able to become a competitive applicant. It is one thing to be able to study for an interview, but it takes more than study to be able to execute it well when it counts. You should be trying to practice your interview skills at every opportunity available. Thus, the mock interview session I am proposing is a great opportunity for you to:

• Put your interview skills to practice to see how you stack up against competitive standards in the graduate recruitment process

• Make mistakes and learn from them at an early stage rather than make mistakes later down the track when the interviews count

• Receive valuable, constructive and personalised feedback on your strengths and weaknesses

• Gain specific advice in refining your interview technique and responses to questions

• Ask any questions on interviews or the recruitment process in general

The feedback you will receive will be from the perspective of former graduate applicants (including myself) who have been through the interview stage of the competitive graduate recruitment process several times as well as people who have had experience in conducting interviews on candidates themselves.

The session will be run across a day where students will come in at an individually booked time for the mock interview (for about 30-45min) and can leave afterwards. It is expected that this session will take place in early August 2015.

Since this will be first time such a session is run, I am currently gauging the interest in this. If there are enough people interested, we will proceed with the resources required to make it happen. University students, those who have graduated (and are looking for graduate positions) and high school students are all encouraged to attend.

Please let me know if you are interested in attending this by either PM or simply indicating this in the thread by 30th June 2015.

Last edited:

Fiction

HSC
Definitely interested if times don't overlap with exams or trials! :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
This will be going ahead. Details to be confirmed very soon...

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Interested!

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)