health sciences (1 Viewer)

CHERRY

is ne1 thinking of doing ne health sciences course in USYD @ Lidcome campus?
If u r can u tell me plz.
thanx heaps :)

andy_84

Hi Cherry,

I have listed the Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) course at the Cumberland Campus (Lidcombe) of The University of Sydney as my fourth UAC Preference.

Which health science course are u interested in?

CHERRY

hi Andy
i put radiology as my first preference and orthoptics as a 2nd.
wat does occupation therapist do?
:)

andy_84

Occupational Therapists

Occupational Therapists provide services to people whose ability to cope with day to day activities is impaired by developmental deficits, the ageing process, illness, physical injury or psychological or social disability.

The Occupational Therapist works with the client to identify problem areas, to assess the clients abilities, interests and lifestyle and then to plan appropriate treatment.

Treatment may include:

providing activities to encourage development of physical and perceptual abilities

recommending equipment and/or modifications to help individuals become more efficient and independent with daily activities

counselling and group work to develop skills when psychological or social problems are interfering with function.

From OT Australia http://www.otausnsw.org.au

Basically, you work with the client to help them live as independently as they can and find ways to help them achieve their goals by implementing appropriate treatment or aides.

It's a very rewarding career and that's why I want to do it.

Good luck with your Radiology or Orthoptics. I might Cya @ Usyd next year if I don't get into CSU, which is my first preference.

Good luck with your HSC Results & UAI. I can't wait to be put out of my misery!!
:)

evil_one

*waves* yeppers... all of my preferrences are Health Sciences.
My current preferrences are:
physio @ usyd
health and sports sci @unsw
sports sci@ usyd
speech path@syd
nutrition @syd
nuclear med tech @ syd
and other speech ones at other unis.. although I am going to get rid of the speech path and related courses on my preferences list because there aren't many jobs around and I'm not sure that it is the course for me anyhow.
I doubt I will get the marks for the physio and i'm pushing it for the next three... ah wells... time will tell huh?

Good luck with your results... enjoy your next two weeks of freedom. This is the sweetest time because we are free. In two weeks we have to make final decisions so keep yourself busy, go out with your friends.. have fun..

CHERRY

hi ANDY,

thanx 4 the info about OT it was very useful. by the sound of it, OT is a very satisfying career. i hope we can see each other next year (of course we will!;) ).
we only got 2 weeks left so we better enjoy it.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I have speech pathology as my first pref (though i think I'll *just* miss out on that one...:( ), Hearing and Speech sciences 3rd, and Occupational Therapy somewhere down the bottom...6th or 7th pref.

AstralGal

Heyyy, yup! I've applied for b. behavioural health sciences at syd (cumberland campus) and also b. health science at syd too.... I reeeeally hope i get in!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)