What is each uni good for? (1 Viewer)

kruch

HSC
N/A
I've been hearing mixed things. Im focusing on UNSW, USYD, UTS, Macquarie and UWS. Feel free to add any other unis for other people to see! If you have any personal experience at those unis please contribute :)

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
UNSW - hot girls in psychology

Ive seen some gorgeous women near business/commerce areas...

astroman

HSC
UNSW - the epitome of BOS, best uni in Australia. Great for everything, specifically engineering, commerce and medicine.
USYD - Hippie central, good for business, law and arts.
UTS - A great all round uni with awesome people, ranked nationally first in computer science, great for nursing, arts, business.
Macquarie - A nice uni, great for business, economics and related degrees.
UWS - University of Wasted Space :haha: Jokes aside, it receive's a shit ton of hate, it's great for nursing and is popular for med students that don't get 99.95.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie- Good access to transport during the day (has own station), next to Macquarie centre shops, Has lots of maps, hard to get lost,Excellent for actuary, has a good accounting department
USYD- Easy to get lost barely any maps, nice buildings, all food places seem tucked away in buildings

Last edited:

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
I think Macquarie is up there for Speech Pathology, Audiology, Linguistics & Psych related stuff with the opening of the Hearing Hub building and the Simulation Hub in Y3A.

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
UNSW - the epitome of BOS, best uni in Australia. Great for everything, specifically engineering, commerce and medicine.
UTS - A great all round uni, ranked nationally first in computer engineering, great for nursing, arts, business.
UWS - University of Wasted Space :haha: Jokes aside, it receive's a shit ton of hate, it's great for nursing and is popular for med students that don't get 99.95.
The median atar is above 99. I know a few who did get 99.95 and are doing med there.

Flop21

HSC
UTS - A great all round uni, ranked nationally first in computer engineering, great for nursing, arts, business.
For some reason I doubt this, source?

astroman

HSC
For some reason I doubt this, source?
"Rankings Success for UTS: Engineering and IT
2 October 2014
UTS ranks 1st in Australia for Computer Science according to the 2014 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). It also ranks 95th in the world for Engineering and Technology according to the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2014-15, moving into the top 100 for the first time.

The University as a whole now ranks 226-250 in the World University Rankings, up from 301-350 the previous year.

UTS is young but it's moving on up." http://www.uts.edu.au/about/faculty.../news/rankings-success-uts-engineering-and-it

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Can someone pls review my first preference of open universities online???? thnx!!!

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
2 October 2014
UTS ranks 1st in Australia for Computer Science according to the 2014 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). It also ranks 95th in the world for Engineering and Technology according to the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2014-15, moving into the top 100 for the first time.

The University as a whole now ranks 226-250 in the World University Rankings, up from 301-350 the previous year.

UTS is young but it's moving on up." http://www.uts.edu.au/about/faculty.../news/rankings-success-uts-engineering-and-it
Firstly, UTS does not offer Computer Science at an undergrad level (It offers I.T but I.T =! Computer Science).
Secondly on rankings, read this -> https://theconversation.com/what-do-world-university-rankings-actually-mean-32355

Also on the 2015 ARWU UNSW ranks first in Australia for computer science (76-100 for UNSW vs 101-150 for UTS) http://www.shanghairanking.com/SubjectCS2015.html

Flop21

HSC
2 October 2014

lol!

I'm looking at the ARWU rankings now and UTS are technically 'tied' with 4 other Australian unis. Because at this stage in the rankings they only say 101-150, instead of a precise number. So in 2014 UTS are technically 1st, along with ANU, UOA, UOM, and UNSW.

But in 2015, they are no where near 1st. UNSW is at 76-100, then along with 3 other Aus unis, UTS at 101-150.

That's actually really funny, the other unis should use "we are 1st in computer science" as well. And I don't get how they are ranked for computer science when they don't even have a computer science degree...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)