Accepting 2 offers? (1 Viewer)

Verify

HSC
Hey guys

I remember a similar kind of question was asked a long time ago but I couldn't find it so:

I got accepted into Macq through an early round offer back in September. Back then I never considered applying for UTS so I didn't but now I'm starting to get regrets.

My question is, if I've already accepted the Macq offer, can I still apply for UTS through UAC and put it as my first preference (and hence Macq would go down to second)? Would it alter my acceptance for Macquarie?

Thank you!

Last edited:

spatula232

HSC
Is that through their Global Leadership Program? A friend of mine said that you could accept it, but it would only occur (officially) if you put it as your first preference during the UAC rounds - meaning that if you put say UTS first, it would make the Macq offer redundant. Now I'm not too sure about this, so definitely don't quote me. So I am assuming that if you didn't put Macq first, it would alter your acceptance to it.

Verify

HSC
Nope! I didn't apply through the GLP. Thanks for the info anyway. Does anyone else have some insight into this?

crowley926

HSC
Yeah I'm in the same boat (kind of)

So if you accept MQ offer in early rounds (Dec 3), when the main rounds come in Jan 20 all you have to do is change and put your preferred course (UTS course) as your 1st preference and then you will get considered for that course even though you've already accepted the MQ offer.

Verify

HSC
Yeah I'm in the same boat (kind of)

So if you accept MQ offer in early rounds (Dec 3), when the main rounds come in Jan 20 all you have to do is change and put your preferred course (UTS course) as your 1st preference and then you will get considered for that course even though you've already accepted the MQ offer.
oh okay thanks for the info! So I can put down UTS as my first preference now, and it won't change the fact that I've already been accepted into Macq right?

crowley926

HSC
oh okay thanks for the info! So I can put down UTS as my first preference now, and it won't change the fact that I've already been accepted into Macq right?
Ah no
Through what program was your offer made?

Since it's early entry your offer technically isn't going to be made till December 3 when you can choose to accept it/reject it even though they've already notified you that they have a place for you (technically they intend to have you). Only after you officially accept it on UAC and have your offer secured should you change your preferences around otherwise you renege that offer.

I'm assuming that your UTS application is for Main Round and not early rounds? If it's for the Main Rounds you have to accept the MQ offer in the Early Rounds then change your preferences before Jan 20 or whenever the date is for Main Rounds to be eligible for UTS to consider you

v_ashleigh

HSC
Hi I am going through the same situation and I have already enrolled in Macquarie Uni, does anyone know how to withdraw from the degree/uni?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)