URGENT! University starting dates (1 Viewer)

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Hey all,
I'm aiming to get into UNSW/USyd engineering but the problem is, I don't have assumed knowledge of 3 unit mathematics and physics which is needed. I've been spending my holidays overseas and come back mid February and I feel like it's going to affect my performance if I start university on the 29th of February without studying these 2 subjects. Should I set my start dates to the end of July or would I be able to manage if I started at the end of February?

Also, chances of receiving an offer will be equal for both February and July right?

Last edited:

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Most courses don't have mid year entry. Why not just take the courses as normal and see how you go. If those courses get too hard, you can drop it before the penalty date. During this time continue to pick up on physics and maths.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You can get by without physics, it's maths that you would want to do a bridging course for.

It's not worth skipping a semester just because your maths isnt up to scratch yet, even in the worst case scenario you should still enrol and just not do the maths units in the first sem. The problem isn't just delaying graduation etc., more that you wouldnt be starting alongside all the other 2015 HSC grads if you start in the second sem.

HSC
Uni Grad
As for physics, make sure you keep up to date with quizzes, labs and the content. Work quite a bit here and there and make sure to collaborate with others for quizzes.

For maths though, try a bridging course or self-study the fitzpatrick 3U textbook. And during class make sure to pay attention carefully since the first year maths is very well needed for the future of your engineering courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)