Enrolment help for Advanced Science (1 Viewer)

Painted

HSC
Hi, I'm having trouble with picking the subjects I need to do for Advanced Science in USyd.

I'm thinking in majoring in medicinal chemistry and pharmacology; however, there is little information on what subjects I should pick for these majors in the online hand book. I have tried calling the helpline, however, they just directed me to the science faculty, which directed me back to the helpline again. The handbook says that I should have 12 credit points of Chem and 6 CP of Biology; but so far I only can find 6 CP worth of chem. I also don't know what else to pick so I can study at the uni full time. Also, there is no mention of whether maths is compulsory in the handbook, but there is a mention of it in the enrolment site.

May I have advice and recommendations on what subjects to pick please?
Thank you for your help

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Hi, I'm having trouble with picking the subjects I need to do for Advanced Science in USyd.

I'm thinking in majoring in medicinal chemistry and pharmacology; however, there is little information on what subjects I should pick for these majors in the online hand book. I have tried calling the helpline, however, they just directed me to the science faculty, which directed me back to the helpline again. The handbook says that I should have 12 credit points of Chem and 6 CP of Biology; but so far I only can find 6 CP worth of chem. I also don't know what else to pick so I can study at the uni full time. Also, there is no mention of whether maths is compulsory in the handbook, but there is a mention of it in the enrolment site.

May I have advice and recommendations on what subjects to pick please?
Thank you for your help
12 CP junior math is compulsory for any science degree

Your units will probably look something like this, (X is a placeholder depending on advanced/regular/fundies stream)

Semester 1-
CHEM1X01 or CHEM1903(SSP)
BIOL1XX1 and/or BIOL1XX3 or SSP
MATH1X02 or SSP/fundies
MATH1X01 or SSP/fundies
One 6 CP elective

Semester 2-
CHEM1X02 or CHEM1904(SSP)
MBLG1x01 or SSP
Any two of MATH1X03/ SSP/ MATH1X05/ MATH1004 or fundies
One 6 CP elective

Last edited:

Painted

HSC
Thanks Librah.
Does doing those 2 chemistry subjects over the 2 semesters count as having 12 CP?

Painted

HSC
Thank you very much for that! Also, could I pick any elective I like? Even in subjects like psychology and commerce?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Psychology counts as a science subject so you won't have any problems there.

And you are able to take a maximum of 8 subjects outside of the Science faculty, so that includes Commerce.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)