Any tips on managing time and reducing stress at uni for a stressful person (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I just wanted some study tips from uni students as I'm starting uni this year in a combined law program and I know that uni subjects are much more denser and difficult than hsc level (not only in content but because there is a lot of independent study).

The reason I'm asking the question is that while lots of people say the hsc "isn't that bad once it's over", I had a pretty stressful hsc year and was perpetually burnt out, stressed and sleep-deprived. I basically felt like crap everyday because I was tired and constantly clinging onto this hope of the light at the end of the tunnel. I also took on seven hsc subjects including two extension subjects which meant I would have pretty long days (sometimes 9-10 hours) from 7.30 am to 5pm. My stress resulted in my suffering from insomnia during my final hsc exams which made it all the more difficult to do the exams. While the stress did pay off in many ways as I exceeded my ATAR and result expectations substantially, I felt that I could of maybe still have done well without so much stress, heartbreak and anxiety.

As I will be studying a combined law degree I know there will be inevitable stress, lots and lots of reading and content to commit to memory. I also want to commit to maybe 2-3 extra-curricular activities like clubs/ societies or something which will mean I will have to manage well my time as well as maintaining a casual-ish part-time job I started a few weeks ago.

I just wanted some tips from uni students on how stressful uni is and whether it is like the hsc where I didn't have as much study time. For example in hsc year I might have had only 7-9 study periods in a fortnight which I found very limiting. But hsc was also easier in terms of content than uni, so I was wondering whether the difficulty of uni means you need double the amount of hours to study.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)