Best Place to study Actuarial Science? (1 Viewer)

marxman

HSC
Hi everyone, I'm currently in the class of 2016 but am pretty keen on doing actuarial studies/maths in university. Maths is by far my favourite and best performing subject, and would like to continue that through for later years.

Basically at the moment I know the UNSW course is quite good for this, but I am fairly keen on moving out of home to experience a new environment and be a little more independent.

Obviously the ANU currently can cover all of this, but I am just wondering (for anyone who has past experience in the course) what is the best place to go/has the best lecturers etc.

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
Firstly, It doesn't matter where you go to study actuarial science because of the standards held by the Institute of Actuaries of Australia.
If you are keen on moving out I'd go for ANU just because the living costs would be less compared to the unis in Sydney.
As far as lecturers go I can't comment at all but Adam Butt is the Senior Lecturer in Actuarial Studies and Statistics at the Australian National University and has a quite good edx course as an intro to Actuarial Science

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)