Devices for University (1 Viewer)

angelaanguyen

HSC
N/A
I'm conflicted about what devices to bring along to uni.
My plan is to use pen and paper no matter what because I find it's the only way I'll look back at my notes and actually retain the information.

I have a Macbook Air but I'm worried it'll be too big for the desk since I'm using pen and paper.
Should I get a Microsoft Surface so save room and ease the weight in my bag?
I still need a device to read lecture notes off and have the option to use when studying.

PLEASE HELP!!

D94

HSC
N/A
What will you be studying?

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Well Air and Surface probs way about the same, if anything the Air is lighter. If you know you prefer to write all the info down then you're better off bringing the tablet (but get one of those keyboard/cover things).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I print 4 or 6 pages an A4 page and double sided at home. Most of my stuff is equations and diagrams so it's usually fine.

For something like Commerce or Arts I reckon a tablet/laptop would be sufficient.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I have friends that used macbooks and they got through their first year just fine.

Chill and just go with your original plan. If it doesn't work you can always get a surface later on

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Oh I misread and thought you had a tablet already. Don't go and buy a Surface just for uni when you already have an Air. Unless you're ballin' or something lol but I don't advise it

angelaanguyen

HSC
N/A
I think I might just go with that. If my textbooks get too heavy on any day I think I'll go without the laptop

Flop21

HSC
I saw someone using a surface during lectures and it looked awesome. You can have it in laptop mode where you have keyboard out and just type into Onenote. Then if you need to draw a graph or something, whip out the stylus, fold back the keyboard and write on it like a book.

Macbook would act like a normal laptop.

I'm thinking of getting a stylus for my touch screen laptop so I can draw graphs and stuff on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)