Would a career in Paramedics be worth it? (1 Viewer)

Whoops_myjob

HSC
I keep hearing in the media a lot about how female Paramedics are getting attacked and the like when they're out on the job and that really frustrates me because they are just doing their jobs but getting treated like shit for trying to help people. I also know of people who were Paramedics for years and began suffering from really bad PTSD from things that they've seen, and other people have told me that they know really headstrong people who became Paramedics but over time, the profession absolutely broke them. This worries me because I've always considered doing a Bachelor of Clinical Practice at CSU to become a Paramedic but now I'm scared that it will just eventually ruin me and just cause problems for me later in life. Does anyone have any knowledge about the degree and experiences that they've had or heard from others? I'm really starting to panic because I don't know what it is I want to do next year AHHHHH!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Are you mentally prepared to face all kinds of gore situations (of course you will be trained on this). But are you?

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
My friend really enjoyed his paramedics course, but now as a full time paramedic it is kind of stressful. Sometimes a life and death situation. It is a noble job but an extremely stressful one

Kolmias

HSC
Please keep in mind that it is extremely competitive to get a job as a paramedic.

jjuunnee

HSC
Paramedics can be difficult, stressful and mentally damaging but these factors shouldn't stop you from becoming a paramedic if you are passionate about helping people. Yes, it may not be the most "comfortable" profession but it's greatly demanded in our society.

Anyway, it's up to you. Just don't let our opinions deeply influence your choices. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)